Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Red Sox Junkie said:
Cyclingnews ran a story today saying that the first passport positives will be announced before the Giro. Any guesses who it/they are going to be? My money is on a CSC team rider based on the chatter after last years tour.
A good bet would be we'll still be guessing come Giro time, this seems like at least the 3rd or 4th announcement that prosecutions were just around the corner.

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
Red Sox Junkie said:
Cyclingnews ran a story today saying that the first passport positives will be announced before the Giro. Any guesses who it/they are going to be? My money is on a CSC team rider based on the chatter after last years tour.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/apr09/apr21news2
If it's a CSC rider then you may be looking at Cancellara, Arvesen maybe even a Schleck. I somehow don't think that Carlos Sastre will be in that list.

It could also be Valverde from Caisse d'Epargne.

From Astana we may have Contador, Leipheimer.

Columbia Kim Kirchen?

Just a lot of speculation at this point. Besides, come Giro time they may say that it's still inconclusive and just bury altogether.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The UCI could just play it safe and go with riders everybody knows used but because of the ways the laws are written nothing was done: Valeverde and Franck "$10,000" check schleck". Italy would send assasins to Switzerland if they did Lance - so no, it won't be lancer. I agree with Dwayne, they have been saying just around the corner for ever. Evern after Kohl and Schumacher did their extraterrestrial rides the passport wasn't tight enough... all PR the passport program

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
A good bet would be we'll still be guessing come Giro time, this seems like at least the 3rd or 4th announcement that prosecutions were just around the corner.
If big names are involved, this is the kind of thing you announce before the Tour de France. You don't waste it on the Giro.

·
pass the hot sauce
196 Posts
I expect the first few to be called out for suspicion of doping under the passport program will not be the high profile riders. Less famous riders probably won't have the capability to carry on a protracted legal battle over the validity of the program. Then, perhaps a passport program with some successful doping prosecutions (or whatever) might feel more confident in hunting bigger game.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Sounds like a lot of speculation but no real facts.

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
are said:
Where is this coming from? Who is the the other big rider?
It's definitely Kloden and it's about the T-Mobile, Frieburg Clinic thing that's been going on for a while.

Supposedly there are documents tying Kloden to Freiburg.

We'll have to wait until next week starts.

I like blackhat's comments, but I don't know about them. I guess anything is possible.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I like Kloden. He has a suspicious past (T-mobile) but I assumed him to be currently riding clean. I thought the "news" was coming today, whats the word on if its coming at all?

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
FondriestFan said:
Sounds like a lot of speculation but no real facts.
Well if you believe that some people here know stuff, like the TH thing, that's the kind of thing it is. It's not happening till Monday at the earliest, so then we'll know.

The Hamilton rumors took a couple of weeks to become facts.

Would anyone be surprised by any top rider going down?

That's the problem. Until people like LA are tested so much, they can't cheat, everyone is suspect.

I think if LA continues to get dropped and perfom like his pre cancer self, other riders are going to believe there can be a clean sport.

Now it's a joke. LA is a suffocating nightmare to the true fan of sport.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts