Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To observe the recent 5th anniversary of the horrific World Trade Center terrorism, I, probably like many of you, received many, many e-mails urging me to fly my flag (which I do every day the weather is fair anyway.) I saw a lot of flags too and got to thinking about a Flag thread at RBR. Then I realized my efforts to collect a good flag report would be too little or take too long, so I thought I'd invite the community to add their own such pictures.

So, you are invited to add pictures, hopefully better than my humble efforts, and from anywhere (particularly other countries - Americans don't have a monopoly on patriotism.)

I liked the sun on the flag on this house and then noticed the reflections in the windows and thought it a good start.

It's hard to see but the mailbox theme ("God Bless America") supported the flag on the real flagpole and again, I thought it was worth an RBR moment.

So! Go for it. Show us your best.

Sorry the links broke. I'll look into it. It seems the response is not universally positive. It was not meant as a 9/11 tribute, rather a photo op presented by 9/11.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Better for PO, I think, where there has been a thoughtful (for the most part) discussion about the appropriateness of connecting flag waving to 9/11. At a minimum, this should go in the Lounge as NCD material.

·
Shirtcocker
60,640 Posts
jtolleson said:
Better for PO, I think, where there has been a thoughtful (for the most part) discussion about the appropriateness of connecting flag waving to 9/11. At a minimum, this should go in the Lounge as NCD material.
Yup...people are askeered of PO for some reason, but there is no need. Just go over there and post this, but don't expect some to disagree with connecting 9/11 to the flag and rah-rah patriotism.

My amsrta$$ contribution...

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
I just have to wonder, if we make 9/11 an official holiday, I think it's called Patriot Day or something...Are we going to start wishing each other a happy 9/11? It seems pretty screwed up to me.

Now can this get moved to PO where it belongs?

EM

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
never really understood the connection of the stars and stripes with 9/11.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Enviro Mental said:
Are we going to start wishing each other a happy 9/11? It seems pretty screwed up to me.
Just wait until they make inflatable towers for kids to jump off of. You know it's going to happen.

inflatable Titanic water slide. So tatsteful, so fun. ::frown2: :frown2: :frown2: :frown2: :frown2: :frown2: :frown2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.