Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people were interested in the craft elite bibs from pbk- w/ the big sale, they're back to under $80 and tdfusa brings them down even more.

go to their "brands sale" and look under "craft"

·
smell my finger
994 Posts
They were $70 each and when I used the code TDFUSA it went down another 10% so 2 prs for $127. Hope they wear well, never had the craft bibs...

·
Don't Tread on Me
993 Posts
roseyscot said:
c'mon! the two posters right above you both referenced code tdfusa.

more importantly, how are they sized? compared to castelli, vermarc, sugoi, champion systems?

Does anyone have experience with these? I normally wear a medium Voler bib, and according to their size chart, I should wear a XS?:confused:

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
petalpower said:
Does anyone have experience with these? I normally wear a medium Voler bib, and according to their size chart, I should wear a XS?:confused:
I wear medium in demarchi, desoto, pearl izumi. Large in castelli and assos and I wear a medium in the craft bibs.

At this point I'm only using 2 types of bibs- desoto 400 mile bib and craft elite. The elite bib is very lightweight and form fitting it's very comfortable.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Medium

petalpower said:
I am 6'0" and weigh 160#. My thighs are decent sized but not fat nor sprinter tree trunks.

In Voler, Champion, Pearl, Descent I wear medium bibs.

If I ordred another pair of Craft shorts I would try one size up.

Got a pair of medium Craft bibs and I find the band around my thighs a bit too tight. Not cut off the blood flow tight but leave a mark for a little bit after I take them off. The bib straps were a little tighter than I am used to but maybe that is because I do not wear them too often. Overall I like the shorts and the chamois fits my butt well.

·
smell my finger
994 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I ordered 2 large and that's the size I normally wear (I have a 34" waist). I actually found a website in the states who had the sizes in inches after I ordered but I'm all set anyway. My last pair of Sugoi shorts were $130 retail so I got 2pr of bibs for less than that. I like that but have had no experience with Craft bibs. I may get my son a pr or two also if the fit nice.

·
Registered
255 Posts
lablover said:
They were $70 each and when I used the code TDFUSA it went down another 10% so 2 prs for $127. Hope they wear well, never had the craft bibs...<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/encode.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (document.referrer) { var ref='?'+encode(document.referrer); } else { var ref=''; }
document.write('
');
//-->
</script>
wow TDFUSA is still active:D
I thought by now it should be dead:mad2:

sure thing, I'll use it next time :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
marktomin said:
how do these compare with assos quality wise?

folks- I was told assos no longer makes their stuff in switzerland and the quality has taken a hit.

these don't compare to assos- totally different design, fit, feel and chamois. :eek:

I have 2 pairs of assos- I bought them 5 or 6 years ago. Not worth the money, especially when you run them up against desoto 400 mile bib shorts.

·
smell my finger
994 Posts
"they only have SM and XL left". damnit, i was gonna see how the larges fit then order my son either large or medium comparatively. Do these go on sale sporadically or maybe for X-mas?

·
Registered
184 Posts
lablover said:
"they only have SM and XL left". damnit, i was gonna see how the larges fit then order my son either large or medium comparatively. Do these go on sale sporadically or maybe for X-mas?

PBK tends to sporadically put certain bib shorts on sale and when the gettin is good the sizes go fast. The 7 day deal is a love hate relationship that you will love and your wallet will hate, I check every week and somehow I keep finding something to purchase :mad2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts