Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
F_S - PBR is the official beer of Burningman. Comes in a can. Cheap to buy and give away. No pretense. Best of all, a full can holds up well to being flung 500 yards away via trebuchet.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Why not try..

The best of both worlds? Original Coors and the Lounge? I mean, if it's good enough for Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed.....

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Or try Steel Reserve

From the Steel Brewing Company - nice high gravity malt beverage - tried it last night, had never heard of it before yesterday. Not bad, about 8.1% al. for a lager.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its also the official beer here for the same reasons except I've never seen one flung 500 yards(Burning Man has been added to my list of need to do before I die though). It was always $9.88 a case at Food 4 Less in Yucca Valley, sometimes on sale for $8.88. That climb is called "figures on a landscape" one of the finest Joshua Tree has to offer.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now I need to look at that???

that is torture and you are cruel.

my stash of warm natural ice's will have to do 2nite...they don't seem to want to go away.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Warm Natural Ice...

is that like Jumbo Shrimp?

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
Its also the official beer here for the same reasons except I've never seen one flung 500 yards(Burning Man has been added to my list of need to do before I die though). It was always $9.88 a case at Food 4 Less in Yucca Valley, sometimes on sale for $8.88. That climb is called "figures on a landscape" one of the finest Joshua Tree has to offer.
You ever do any of the climbs in Zion? No PBR in Zion, unless you smuggle it in.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
never climbed in zion(been there though). mostly big wall aid climbing there(of which I have little experience), my friend ammon loves it there. he's crazy hard aid speed climber. and be careful bc I know that those rangers in zion are just looking to bust people (I climbed with one in josh and he told me stories) but coop I have twirled fire before.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
never climbed in zion(been there though). mostly big wall aid climbing there(of which I have little experience), my friend ammon loves it there. he's crazy hard aid speed climber. and be careful bc I know that those rangers in zion are just looking to bust people (I climbed with one in josh and he told me stories) but coop I have twirled fire before.
I used to live at Zion - knew those rangers well... lots of stories; from kids that tried to make their own anchor blocks outta melted aluminum beer cans and met Captain Crunch on the skree slope to dramatic basket rescues 1500' straight up.

Spin fire? Got any pics? Love seeing 'em.

·
Registered
635 Posts
haha

no

its what those of us in college drink. at 10 bucks a 30rack, its about all we can afford after pissing away money on bike stuff. and it tastes like just that.....piss. there is also a light version, but it has less alcohol. it does taste like slightly better piss.

and its called natty.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can dig it

those are natural lights(natty lights), not ices. they are warm. i've got heart and will try to hang. not so good with the camera. 7 pictures to get that.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
We call it Nasty Ice and Nasty Light.

ANd PBR isn't too bad. My favorits of the cheap beers though is Lucky Lager. They had pictograms on the bottle caps and IMO tasted better than most beet twice its price. At about $6 a 12 pack though that's not sayin much though. I can't find it anymore... what a shame.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I give up on the bottle cap. Can you spin? ????

do you know? if you do feel free to wait to let others have a chance. i'm pouncing on all the new posts right now. i'm bored and trying to rile up the troups.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts