Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden a PDM Concord and if so did or do you like the ride?

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
I had a team mate back in the day that rode a steel Concord. It was the Aquilla model frame. Columbus SL frameset.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is steel and the frame is black and white with chrome forks and stays/stay and I found one and have not ridden it and am curious about the feel of the ride.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think the steel Concords from the late 80's (such as ridden by the old PDM team) were a Dutch brand and made in Italy by Ciocc... so they are really Ciocc's.... I think...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes that's it and I believe the one I found to be in excellent shape. I will have to do different wheels because it comes with tubulars and I just would rather stick to what I am familar with.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
I had an SLX model and still miss it. How's that for a recommendation?

M

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
There is a 56 cm Red and Yellow Concorde at a burger joint up the road. Very nice, full campy set up with tublar tires. Owner rode it all over europe and now uses it as wall art in his restaurant.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just picked it up and it is beautiful. Mine has all Dura Ace and as soon as I can get wheels built for it I will be able to ride. Clinchers for me. Yours is a real beauty.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
pedalruns said:
I think the steel Concords from the late 80's (such as ridden by the old PDM team) were a Dutch brand and made in Italy by Ciocc... so they are really Ciocc's.... I think...
That's also my understanding.

·
off the back
15,581 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
that is one nice looking bike......very sweet
In my opinion, the most beautiful bike in the pro peloton, from back in the days of steel.

Images of Rooks and Theunisse climbing in my head.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nice looking bikes one and all................

commutenow said:
I just picked it up and it is beautiful. Mine has all Dura Ace and as soon as I can get wheels built for it I will be able to ride. Clinchers for me. Yours is a real beauty.
C'mon man show us some pix!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts