Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Anyone do the Peach Pedal?

It was my first road ride and I loved it. I've only had my bike for a couple of months now and am really enjoying the speed..:D

I did the 40 mile ride and averaged 16mph with a max of 36.... Is that good for a first time? I generally ride alone and don't have anything to compare my progress to.

Next ride... The Goatneck, can't wait.
Matt

· Registered
11 Posts
Peach Pedal Blues

I rode the 100 km route (it came to about 58 miles and, with all the hills I'm not complaining). Wow, what a beautiful and challenging course! I don't think that I've seen that many hills since riding in Europe fifteen years ago. I truly enjoyed the ride and was able, somehow, to set a (for me) decent pace, though I did fade at the end a little.

I'll be going to Paris this weekend. Ride reviews say that its a flat course, particularly when compared to the Peach Pedal...

· Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Dave is correct. I did the Goatneck last year when I first got into cycling. I wanted to die. This year won't be nearly as bad. I bit off more than I could chew then.

It's a great well supported ride. I think you'll enjoy it.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.