Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on the differences between the two? I've heard good things about the Performance Ultra but what about the Micro? Is it worth the extra $40-$50??

I've got a couple of pair of PI Ultrasensor shorts and I'm not that pleased. I'm experienceing some chaffing between the inner thigh and that other area. :cryin:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Perhaps PI just doesn't suit your body? I have many pairs of PI shorts (the one with the Blue chamois) and I've never had a problem. Other guys I ride with think they are terrible.

If it doesn't work, keep trying others until you find one that works for you. Is the price difference worth it? Well, if it prevents chafing, yes. I've probably spent as much on shoes and pedals as I have on my whole bike through trial and error, but I have very oddly shaped and picky feet/ankles. Was the money worth it? Well, I wouldn't be comfortable on the bike without, and that may have resulted in me not riding, so yes...well worth it. It seems like everyone has one area of fit/comfort that is their personal "problem" area, whether it's the saddle, shoes, bars, frame type, etc, etc. If something isn't right, assess the problem, try different alternatives, and find out what it takes to be happy on the bike.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I, too, experienced that with PI Microsensors, and occasionally with my other brands of bibs - but not to the same degree. I found a saddle with a narrower nose to eliminate the chafing. Now I look forward to when my PIs come up in rotation.

Des

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.