Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not convinced I want to do this. I've been riding Looks for more years than I can remember. I have Keos on my bikes. They're nice, but in my advancing age, diminished skills, failing eyesight, slower reflexes, poor coordination, lack of hair, and a small cut on my right index finger, I'm finding the Looks harder to clip into than I'd like. I'm considering getting pedals that are double sided. I'm kind of interested in Crank Bros. Candys, but am open to other suggestions. Since clipless pedals first came out, I've ridden nothing but looks. Other than clipping in the Looks have been beyond terrific re: wear & quality. I don't want to downgrade. Just want to clip in easier.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
I'm not convinced I want to do this. I've been riding Looks for more years than I can remember. I have Keos on my bikes. They're nice, but in my advancing age, diminished skills, failing eyesight, slower reflexes, poor coordination, lack of hair, and a small cut on my right index finger, I'm finding the Looks harder to clip into than I'd like. I'm considering getting pedals that are double sided. I'm kind of interested in Crank Bros. Candys, but am open to other suggestions. Since clipless pedals first came out, I've ridden nothing but looks. Other than clipping in the Looks have been beyond terrific re: wear & quality. I don't want to downgrade. Just want to clip in easier.
The new SPD-SL feel much easier than me over my Keo's. The CB Candy or Quattor are the easiest by far IMO. No looking what so ever. Use the Quattro cleats to make walking a breeze even if you get the Candy pedals.

I have these on the MTB and love them. I tried the Quattors, but they seem a bit big for a road bike for my taste. Now the wife likes them

I also use standard EB at times as well on the back-up bike.

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
I like CB products. I can use the same shoes on all my bikes. Now that CB has a three bolt quattro cleat, you aren't limited in your choice of shoes. I have candy pedals on my commuter, quattro on the road bike, and legbeaters on my MTB. Their customer support is only second to Phil Wood.

· Registered
1,536 Posts
So sound a lot like me. I too rode lokks for nearly 20 years, and when I recently switched to MTB shoes for my road bike, it was like a whole new world. Being able to walk like a human, and not a duck, is sooo wonderful. I've never used the crank bros products, but many people like the compatibility. Personally, I use shimano M520 pedals on my MTB and A 520's on the road machine. The A520 is a road version of their tried and true 520 MTB pedal, and has a road bike style, though is only one sided. I've also used Time ATAC's, and they are fine pedals too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.