·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my new mtb shipped with crank brothers pedals. I know have:

1. SPD
2. Crank Brothers
3. Look

I understand the diff between Look and spd/CB, but the diff between CB and SPD? what like a few mm's on the cleat? that is annoying.

I have 3 pairs of shoes. fortunately I have Looks on my 2 road bikes, but my roadie hybrid that I pull my kiddie trailer with has SPD. 1 mtb has spd, so I'll use my Lake winter shoes, the other mtb has speedplay, so I'll use my other pair of mtb shoes. maybe I'll just get some speedplays now and should have the industry covered

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Don't feel bad. at least you don't have 4 of the same sets of pedals when the manufactuer decides to redo the line in another configuration (look Keo). Cleats are available for now but i suspect the line i have in 3 yrs will be discontinued when the rest of the world adapts to the lower profile KEO. Last trip to LBS to buy cleats only one package left, the rest in various colors of the Keo. oh yea the writing is on the wall.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
bauerb said:
so my new mtb shipped with crank brothers pedals. I know have:

1. SPD
2. Crank Brothers
3. Look

I understand the diff between Look and spd/CB, but the diff between CB and SPD? what like a few mm's on the cleat? that is annoying.

I have 3 pairs of shoes. fortunately I have Looks on my 2 road bikes, but my roadie hybrid that I pull my kiddie trailer with has SPD. 1 mtb has spd, so I'll use my Lake winter shoes, the other mtb has speedplay, so I'll use my other pair of mtb shoes. maybe I'll just get some speedplays now and should have the industry covered
I feel your pain. :mad:

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
I understand having a road and a mtn pedal set, but cantcha choose between the crank bros and the spds? I mean, I know you've already got 'em, but why did you buy a non-compatible pedal in the first place? If it was "to try it," then keep the one you like better, sell th'other, and get another of the one you like.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its simple

I ended up with all these petals because:
1. I had no clue when I was starting out
2. my MTB buddies rode SPD's
3. the LBS that sold me my road bike recommended Look
4. the new MTB shipped with CB's

so I know how I ended up this way, and I know how to fix it: bought another pair of shoes last night :)

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
That's a great reason! :)

I'm now going to mock you for saying "petals."

(nelson on the simpsons) HA-ha!

Okay, done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts