Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering this frame for quite some time now. Does anyone have experience with Pedal Force or this particular frame? Would like to see pictures and hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I got a fork and seat post from Pedal Force. Dealing with them was fine - prompt and quick service/shipping.

I have the ZX3 (well the non-badged, direct from the importer model). The build isn't finished yet so I can't comment on the ride of the bike, but given the numerous positive reviews I think it will be OK.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just built mine a month or so ago...

Ordering was pretty straightforward. I think it took about 7-8 days to get here (California). I ordered the frame and headset. I'm using an old Easton EC90SL, which matches perfectly with the frame- glossy carbon weave. When I first got the frame, I was a bit alarmed because it had the Pedal Force logo across the downtube. I was expecting and hoping for no decals. Fortunately, it was only a sticker and could easily be peeled off. The finish is so much nicer looking than it looks on their website. I didn't see any flaws or blemishes- although I think I put a few in when building it. :-( As for the ride, it's my first carbon frame so I have little frame of reference (no pun intended). I switched from using a 6061 Aluminum frame, which was nothing special. I definitely notice the difference in weight and the ride is a bit more dampened. I'm not sure about the stiffness. I'm a lightweight anyway, so I don't know if it would make that much of a difference. A few words of caution: The seat tube is oversized, so you either get a 31.6 seatpost or use a shim. I went with the shim because there is a bit more selection for seatposts. And you'll need a braze-on front derailleur w/ clamp because the seat tube is 1 3/8. If I get the chance I'll post pics of the bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I bought my ZX a year ago and I love it. The ride is very fast and is probably more suited to racing than touring although it is still very compliant - especially compared to my old Specialized Allez Elite. It s very stiff, my brother in law is 6'4 and must weigh 15 stone and he couldn't get the BB to flex! The finish quality is excellent, with the only exception being the paint finish on the mech hanger and stays which is a bit thin. I recently rode the London stage of the Tour de France on it - 120 miles with no numbness at the finish. I used all Easton finishing kit and wheels with Sram Force gruppo to come in bang on the UCI limit - pretty good for £1500 ($3000). I've just ordered the new replacement frame, just because it looks like a Cervelo! 3 of my cycling buddies have also ordered ZX's after seeing how good mine is. The picture doesn't do it justice and has got slightly distorted when resizing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts