Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,558 Posts
Pedal Force RS2 Rocks, try that one.

No direct info on the ZX3, but I just built up the RS2 which is very impressive. It is the best bike I've owned. Coming off a Merckx Team SC, that's saying something. It is similar in feel to a 585 that I test road. Stiff, very light and fast. Built up with DA10 it was 16.05lbs with pedals, training tires 335gms each, cages and mini-pump. I could easily get it down to 15lbs with lighter tires and a couple of equipment changes. Frame weight is 900 gms (claimed) It has this sensation when excellerating that it is lighter than it actually is. Descending is very confident, with much less "hopping" over rough road than aluminum, and it feels planted in turns, with excellent balance. I was just fitted to the bike Monday {4 hours}, so I'm really excited to rip on it this weekend. I'll shoot some pics and post a review soon.
Build quality appears to be excellent, and the paint is good, with excellent graphics. It seems they took some paint design ques from Pinarello's Prince. I haven't put many miles on it yet but... :thumbsup:

· duh...
9,749 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
Yes I have one. From aluminum, it's a lot more forgiving over bumps and it's still very laterally stiff. It's not as clean of a carbon as, say, a $1500 frame -- but there is nothing wrong with the way it handles or feels.

What questions do you have about it?

are you still riding it? didn't you bust it up, snap a fork leg, in a race crash? was it replaced? warrantied?

· Matnlely Dregaend
5,069 Posts
tnroadmtb said:
They are all pieces of s*h*i*t. Get a Trek because that is what Lance rides!!
I thought he was now riding Kate Hudson? Seems like the better ride.

· Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
FatTireFred said:
are you still riding it? didn't you bust it up, snap a fork leg, in a race crash? was it replaced? warrantied?
I am still riding it. I temporarily swapped my Felt fork onto it. I did snap the fork in half. I don't believe in those conditions it should have snapped -- at least, my Felt fork has gone through much worse.

PF gave me a 30% crash replacement discount, so I spent $140 on the FKR8 fork. I really didn't want another PF fork, but I am willing to give them a second chance. They are nice to deal with, although I would have liked a replacement fork. Their forks are much lighter, which worries me a bit.

· Matnlely Dregaend
5,069 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
I am still riding it. I temporarily swapped my Felt fork onto it. I did snap the fork in half. I don't believe in those conditions it should have snapped -- at least, my Felt fork has gone through much worse.

PF gave me a 30% crash replacement discount, so I spent $140 on the FKR8 fork. I really didn't want another PF fork, but I am willing to give them a second chance. They are nice to deal with, although I would have liked a replacement fork. Their forks are much lighter, which worries me a bit.
What was the fork model that broke?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.