Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a converted mountain bike that I use to commute to work 2 or 3 times a week. Some times I have take my car because I need to go out on meetings, but I take the bike if I don't have to go anywhere in the day. It is a 4 mile ride one way but it is right through town, half the time I am on the payment just because it's impossible to ride on the road due to narrow streets and heavy bus traffic. Right now I have a pair of cheapy platform pedals on the bike but my feet tends to slip off the pedals. I wear black walking sneakers to work and I am looking for a good set of platform pedals with pins that my sneakers will not slip. The bike shop has these real heavy duty downhill pedals with pins but it kinda overkill. I want to keep it as simple as possible, no toe clips, no shoe changes, just leave my house and 25 minutes later I'm their. Thanks in advance.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
You're probably looking for a basic cage pedal. Most of them have a steel band (or cage) bolted to an aluminum body. Any shop will have a pair for about $15, and you can get them with toe clips if you want.

If you're not interested in toe clips, then BMX/downhill pedals are good, too, and have a larger platform.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I highly recommend toe clips. They are uncomfortable at first, but they put your feel right where they should be, which will make your pedaling more efficient. Also, your feet won't slip. Used it for years until my switch to clipless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.