Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Bebop pedals on the way with a stack height of 11mm. I will be switching from Look A5.1 pedals, and I have not been able to find anywhere what the stack height of the Looks is. Anyone know?

Thanks

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
HillMan said:
I have a set of Bebop pedals on the way with a stack height of 11mm. I will be switching from Look A5.1 pedals, and I have not been able to find anywhere what the stack height of the Looks is. Anyone know?

Thanks
According to Speedplay's stack height chart, the Look CX6 had a stack height of 21.3mm, and the PP296 had a stack height of 22mm. Now they don't have the A5.1 listed, but I'd guess that the stackheight is somewhere around that of the CX6. That's just a guess.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Shoe issue

alienator gave you good information on "standard" stack heights, and if you are mounting the cleats in "normal" fashion, then those numbers will work (lower your saddle 1 cm). However, there are some shoes that have an influence on this, so you may need to consider how your specific shoes accept the cleats for the two different pedals. Just as an example, my Time shoes have the recessed cavity for Time cleats, and then an adaptor for all others. I did a little carving and shimming, and so mounted my cleats in the modified cavity, reducing overall shoe-pedal distance by about 7 mm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts