Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a new frame. Currently looking between Pedalforce RS3 or CG1. Both frames are real beauty. But i am leaning towards the CG1 due to the weight advantage. But i like the CG 1 tubing and exterior looks.

RS3 Weight: 1110 g (50 cm)
CG 1 Weight: 880 g (50cm UD finish

Thats like more than 200g difference.

Any advice as i never own any of those two before? So hoping to hear from any owners of these two bikes. I am looking for a race book, stiff and light, so should i go with the CG1?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hope you get some responses. I posted up about a QS3 a few weeks ago and didn't get any input.

Out of curiousity, what about the QS3 that it doesn't make your list?

Have looked at the Element6 frame? Supposodely around $750 for frame/fork but I haven't received a response back with their current pricing yet since you have to email asking for it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a Ritte Bosberg. The CG1 has a similar shape. I also got an RS3 for the significant other. I haven't built it up yet...so it's hard to compare. But, I have weighed them both:

RS3 (46cm): 1030g + 363g fork (uncut)
Bosberg (50cm): 982g (uncut seatmast) + 350g fork (uncut)

I've built up the Bosberg to ~13.8lbs with fairly standard components and clinchers. I will probably build up the RS3 to ~15lbs.

The UD finish on the Bosberg is really nice. The RS3 is okay...It is not quite perfect. I plan on getting it painted.

The RS3 downtube has a very thin profile. Not sure how this will affect stiffness. Also, there is really not much material at all underneath the BB. I can't really describe it well (you can kind of see in the first pic below).

Both bikes have tapered headtubes, but the Bosberg is 1 1/4" at the bottom and the RS3 is 1.5".

The RS3 has internale brake cable routing. The Bosberg does not.

Here are pics of the RS3 frame:

I can't comment on the ride of the CG1 since they are different frames (CG1 does not have a tapered headtube and has different seatstays compared to the Bosberg) but the Bosberg is very stiff and stable and has been extremely fun to ride

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
my preference would be the CG1 - my understanding is that PF had to replace the original RS3 since the rights to the mold got bought by some other maker. The new RS3 seems to miss the mark a bit in my opinion - it is heavy and no mention of carbon fiber grades so my guess is it's a lower grade.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much did you paid for your Bosberg. PF doesnt have the size i want in clearcoat anymore, except the other paintwork?

Mind giving a brief review on the RS3 after you are done with it. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Gospastic... I'm new, and I have a question about your bike...
Did you build your PD RS3?
I bought the same frame and in some days I will receive it.
I red a lot about the RS2 and the other bestseller from PF the ZX3, but nothing about the RS3...
could you give me your opinion about it.
Thanks a lot
Regards

·
Registered
96 Posts
I finally finished building it up a week or so ago. I haven't really taken it for a long ride. It is intended for the gf so I am not sure if I'll be able to take it for an extended ride any time soon. From the mile or so that I've ridden it, the stiffness of the headtube stands out. Here is a pic:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks a lot Gospastic.
Great frame and certainly very good specs.
I will receive mine soon (hope so)... Here in Europe the mail services don't work as in the states... Pretty slow.
Once I get it, I'll take some pics and give my observations.
Thanks again.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks a lot Gospastic.
Great frame and certainly very good specs.
I will receive mine soon (hope so)... Here in Europe the mail services don't work as in the states... Pretty slow.
Once I get it, I'll take some pics and give my observations.
Thanks again.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the 1st generation QS3 (unpainted same as Element6) and I think it is terrific. The geometry fits me perfectly and it feels stiffer than my PF ZX3 which was another terrific frame. I switched because of the geometry and then they replace it with QS3.1. I hope nothing happens to my frame because then I would have to contact Element6. Pedal Force has excellent customer service. I have 2 frames from them and if any future ones have the right geometry and features I'm sure I'll get more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The frame is in the custom... Tomorrow I'll get it.
I'm so nervous to see it. I'm still waiting for the components I ordered from Luxembourg.
Once built, I'll post the pics for sure.
Thanks again for your feedbacks, Just know that if I have that bike, it's tanks to you all (PF owners)...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts