Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perfect weekend weather for the snow birds.

Biergarten!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting up early.

Not just for cycling any more! :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A great day, with a little bonus there at the end.

Of course after all that now both my arms and my legs are trashed.

When is our next massage?!?
 

·
hold my beer n watch this
Joined
·
1,756 Posts
Oh man I miss the Cuban sandwiches! If, no when you get down to the keys, near the Marathon airport at the ice cream store. They used to make good ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
I'll bet Miss M is happier with now being the most famous white hat on RBR rather than the most famous backside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
Glad to see you are enjoying some paddling. Having worked as a sea kayak guide for a number of years I can highly recommend the sport as a great compliment to cycling.

You may however be a bit drier if you slide the drip rings on the paddle shafts all the way down until they meet the white blade. This will stop the water from running up the shaft and dripping on you. I know, I know... it's kinda the "your seat is too low" advice of cycling. But...

singlecross
 

·
Old enough to know better
Joined
·
720 Posts
Yesterday I was thinking to myself MB1 hasnt posted an a few days, I wonder what adventure they re on...

And now I know, wonderful pics like usual thanks for bringing us with you so to speak.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
singlecross said:
...You may however be a bit drier if you slide the drip rings on the paddle shafts all the way down until they meet the white blade. This will stop the water from running up the shaft and dripping on you. I know, I know... it's kinda the "your seat is too low" advice of cycling. But...

singlecross
Don't worry about it, we can use all the help we can get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,238 Posts
Y'all do be careful down there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
MB1 said:
Don't worry about it, we can use all the help we can get.
I'd be happy to come down and provide a weeks worth of private kayak instruction for you and Miss M... FREE (you just provide room and board)... especially during New England mud season. :D

singlecross
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
singlecross said:
I'd be happy to come down and provide a weeks worth of private kayak instruction for you and Miss M... FREE (you just provide room and board)... especially during New England mud season. :D

singlecross
Sweet, I hope you like fresh squeezed orange juice with all meals!

BTW you still guiding? Perhaps Miss M and I will swing by this summer. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
MB1 said:
BTW you still guiding? Perhaps Miss M and I will swing by this summer. :thumbsup:
No, not regularly but I still keep my Guides license, paddle a couple of times a week, and teach a few courses a year.

As for coming up for a visit... just let me know. Great cycling and lots of scenery to shoot. Ferry to Nova Scotia leaves right from town as well...

singlecross
 

·
Low rep power
Joined
·
6,264 Posts
The only things missing from the 'yak pix are a couple of fly rods.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,238 Posts
MB1 said:
ROTFLMAO, where is that?!? :yikes:
I don't know. Just a picture I got via e-mail titled as new road sign in Florida.
 

·
still shedding season
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
How long of a walk is it from house to water? I'm guessing pretty close, and what a great setup... :thumbsup:

With kayaking, your arms shouldn't be sore at the end of the day. Bend your arms a little, but they shouldn't move much - the pulling/pushing on the paddle should come from your torso. Like I always say, it's not the first mile, it's the last mile... :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kykr13 said:
How long of a walk is it from house to water? I'm guessing pretty close, and what a great setup... :thumbsup: ...
I'm thinking 300 yards more or less. Say 5 minutes.

Naturally it is downhill to the put in and uphill all the way home at the end of the day.
 

·
Bacon!
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Niiiccceeee.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top