Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Pedaling and Paddling.

1K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  JohnnyTooBad 
#1 ·
Perfect weekend weather for the snow birds.

Biergarten!

#5 ·
Oh man I miss the Cuban sandwiches! If, no when you get down to the keys, near the Marathon airport at the ice cream store. They used to make good ones.

#7 ·
Glad to see you are enjoying some paddling. Having worked as a sea kayak guide for a number of years I can highly recommend the sport as a great compliment to cycling.

You may however be a bit drier if you slide the drip rings on the paddle shafts all the way down until they meet the white blade. This will stop the water from running up the shaft and dripping on you. I know, I know... it's kinda the "your seat is too low" advice of cycling. But...

singlecross

#8 ·
Yesterday I was thinking to myself MB1 hasnt posted an a few days, I wonder what adventure they re on...

And now I know, wonderful pics like usual thanks for bringing us with you so to speak.

#9 ·
singlecross said:
...You may however be a bit drier if you slide the drip rings on the paddle shafts all the way down until they meet the white blade. This will stop the water from running up the shaft and dripping on you. I know, I know... it's kinda the "your seat is too low" advice of cycling. But...

singlecross
Don't worry about it, we can use all the help we can get.

#12 ·
MB1 said:
Don't worry about it, we can use all the help we can get.
I'd be happy to come down and provide a weeks worth of private kayak instruction for you and Miss M... FREE (you just provide room and board)... especially during New England mud season. :D

singlecross

#13 ·
singlecross said:
I'd be happy to come down and provide a weeks worth of private kayak instruction for you and Miss M... FREE (you just provide room and board)... especially during New England mud season. :D

singlecross
Sweet, I hope you like fresh squeezed orange juice with all meals!

BTW you still guiding? Perhaps Miss M and I will swing by this summer. :thumbsup:

#14 ·
MB1 said:
BTW you still guiding? Perhaps Miss M and I will swing by this summer. :thumbsup:
No, not regularly but I still keep my Guides license, paddle a couple of times a week, and teach a few courses a year.

As for coming up for a visit... just let me know. Great cycling and lots of scenery to shoot. Ferry to Nova Scotia leaves right from town as well...

singlecross

#15 ·
The only things missing from the 'yak pix are a couple of fly rods.....

#17 ·
How long of a walk is it from house to water? I'm guessing pretty close, and what a great setup... :thumbsup:

With kayaking, your arms shouldn't be sore at the end of the day. Bend your arms a little, but they shouldn't move much - the pulling/pushing on the paddle should come from your torso. Like I always say, it's not the first mile, it's the last mile... :)

#18 ·
kykr13 said:
How long of a walk is it from house to water? I'm guessing pretty close, and what a great setup... :thumbsup: ...
I'm thinking 300 yards more or less. Say 5 minutes.

Naturally it is downhill to the put in and uphill all the way home at the end of the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.