Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's June in Portland, which means Pedalpalooza - three weeks of themed bike rides. I went on a tour of urban farms within the city, and the Star Wars vs. Star Trek ride. Be prepared to see some Portland wierdness!

First, the Urban Farm Tour. We visited a total of seven locations in Portland that are being used as community or backyard gardens. Some were simply large vegetable gardens, while other sites had goats, chickens, and ducks.

View attachment 282751

View attachment 282752
Tall bike

View attachment 282753
This site had a microbiologist who was studying the different kinds of microbes used in compost

View attachment 282754
This farm, like most we visited, sold their food to local restaurants

View attachment 282755

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Next up, the Star Wars vs. Star Trek ride. There was some serious DIY craftmanship that went into the Star Destroyer.

Hmmm....attaching files isn't working with the Quick Reply button. My apologies, I'll try this again...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...and some video

Before the ride started, we had a special guest - a unicycling, bagpiping Darth Vader, who could play both Star Wars and Star Trek tunes on his bagpipes:

and here's some short footage of the Star Destroyer riding through Portland:

Enjoy,

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.