Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
John
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Pegoretti Custom Team, that I purchased new in June, 2002. I am the original and only owner of the bike. It’s in extremely good condition and has ALWAYS been stored indoors and has NEVER been ridden the rain! It has not been ridden since about 2008/2009 when I retired. I am now almost 80 and would like someone who appreciates the superb craftsmanship of a Pegoretti to have and ride it. It is an excellent climber and will not beat you up on very long rides!

Here is the description as Pegoretti describes it:

“Pegoretti Custom Team - Using Dedacciai 18MCDV6HT tubing, the Custom Team features stress-directional ovalized down tube and chain stays along with stainless steel rear dropouts. The Custom Team’s tubing is heat-treated, air hardened specifically designed for tic-welding. Comes with 1” threadless fork".

The paint is almost flawless. A small nick on the top tube and some scratching on the hoods that are above the drop outs on the rear. Saddle has some wear and tear. There are pictures showing them. The components are Campy Record.

I live in Oregon and I've had the bike packaged for shipment in a standard bike shipping box by a local bike shop. It can be picked up at my home in Roseburg,OR or I plan to ship via shipbikes.com unless buyer desires a different method. Please contact me with any questions.

There several items that I will include if wanted. See the picture for list. I've also included a bike size chart and a RoadBike Review from their website in the photos.

Here are the primary components:
1. Record Carbon Crank.
2. Cinelli Solido treadless Stem.
3. Chris King Headset.
4. Easton EC90 SLX3 Carbon Dropbar.
5. Garmin Edge-200 GPS Bike Computer.
6. Winwood Carbon Bottle Carriers.
7. Fulcrum Etrto 17C 622x15c Quattro LG Aluminum Racing Wheels (700c bead size)
8. Selle Italia Saddle.

There is a good chance that Dario Pegoretti built this bike himself since it was a limited edition bike made for only one year.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycle fork

Wheel Automotive tire Bird Bicycle tire Wing

Wheel Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Bicycle Wheel Land vehicle Crankset Bicycle frame

Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Sky Vehicle

Bicycle Cyclocomputer Tire Automotive tire Gadget

Product Font Line Material property Rectangle
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Diagram

Hand tool Tool Auto part Household hardware Bicycle part

Attachments

·
John
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! What a rare bike. This will probably sell very quickly. Great bike and a great price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks much! I appreciate your opinion. It's a fantastic bike that is very emotional for me to part with. I can't ride anymore so someone else should enjoy this bike. BTW, does the "usmc" at the end of your username stand for Marine Corps? If so then "semper fi" from and old "gyrene" from 1962! Stay well man!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks much! I appreciate your opinion. It's a fantastic bike that is very emotional for me to part with. I can't ride anymore so someone else should enjoy this bike. BTW, does the "usmc" at the end of your username stand for Marine Corps? If so then "semper fi" from and old "gyrene" from 1962! Stay well man!
Thank you and yes it does. 22 years of service. I retire in April next year. Semper Fi brother.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts