Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently riding an 09 Orbea Orca. I am thinking about getting a steel frame bike for training. On the Orca I am riding a 54 and I am 5'10, what size frame would I need for Pegoretti same 54 or larger or smaller.

Thanks

Jim

· More Cowbell
123 Posts
I ride a 57 Orca and am 6' with a 33.75" cycling inseam. I have 7 steel framed bikes. 5 are 58's, which is perfect for me, and the other 2 are 60's, which works really well. The 60's have slightly shorter top tubes to help compensate and have the room for a slightly more upright setup should I choose to go that way.

I chose to go with the slightly smaller sized Orca because I wanted a more aggressive setup on that particular bike. That stated, all the bikes are set up (fit wise) to within 1/2 centimeter in every direction to each other.

You can see a good selection of them here , including the Orca. http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=132708

Hope that helps.

55/Rad

· Banned
270 Posts
Check the top tube and and more importantly the head tube lenth . That differs on carbon bikes more often w/ steel . I ride a 51 cm pinarello 49 cm duende.. who are you getting it from . most dealers who are smart enough do be a peg dealer is smart enough to help you getting fitted .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.