·
Batteries not required
1,035 Posts
Why? :confused:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Smoking. It's like watching Richard Sachs lighting his cig with a torch. Cycling + healthy lifestyle.

·
Batteries not required
1,035 Posts
That's what I thought....
He's not very fit looking either. I heard he has blood cancer too :eek:

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
Shux, the guy builds 'em he don't ride 'em.
I'm pretty sure Ugo DeRosa smokes too.

Choice is a beautiful thing!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Better not buy anything from Trek, Specialized, or any other brand then...I'm pretty sure somebody smokes who works for them...

My Respo is the most incredible frame I've ever ridden. Quite honestly, short of being a mass-murderer or molesting school children, I don't care what Dario does. His work is phenomenal and his personality shows through in it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Its not just that he smokes, but he looks like an unkept slob. Long greasy hair dressed like a hobo etc. Business is image, and I'd steer clear.

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
rubbersoul said:
Its not just that he smokes, but he looks like an unkept slob. Long greasy hair dressed like a hobo etc. Business is image, and I'd steer clear.
For Petes sake, he works in a shop mitering and brazing steel. A little welding too. Oh, and let us not forget his painting.
He's dressed as well as he needs in that environment.

·
Banned
976 Posts
Himm. . .

rubbersoul said:
You should note that artistic and gifted people are usually oddly dressed. Look at you typical rich rock star, and you'll not see khakis and a collard shirt.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QQUIKM3 said:
You should note that artistic and gifted people are usually oddly dressed. Look at you typical rich rock star, and you'll not see khakis and a collard shirt.
You are right. Take a look at Jackson Pollock.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I thought you were talking about the article, where he explains that building frames isn't any big deal. All you need is some simple and inexpensive equipment. And practice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dario is cooler than any vegan in a three piece suit building bamboo bikes. I'd imagine that inhaling all of the gases from welding, painting and brazing effected his health a lot more than cigarettes.

·
Registered
614 Posts
pacificaslim said:
He's not supposed to be a businessman. He is an artist.
Spot on there!

What do people want him to dress like...A business banker or something? Can imagine him wearing a micro fibre suit to the workshop for some serious wielding.

·
Registered
213 Posts
WTF? You need to stop before you continue to reinforce negative american stereotypes.

"Business is image"??? Mating call of someone that has no talent and has to rely on appearance.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
WTF? You need to stop before you continue to reinforce negative american stereotypes.

"Business is image"??? Mating call of someone that has no talent and has to rely on appearance.
Doing a little stereotyping in your own right, say chap? I'm sure plenty of people have been given an unfair intial judgement due to their unconventional appearance, but these days, it seems it's fashionable (pun intended) to slam those who take pride in a neat, tidy, put together outward appearance.

No matter the exterior, no one has an excuse to be dirty on the inside. Or to walk around judging unknown individuals on first sight.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts