Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Good news everyone!
Joined
·
5,452 Posts
Ugh, there is nothing more lame than the "straight edgers"


I fail to see how it's anything cool or revolutionary to not use drugs. That's just called being average in my book.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Jim311 said:
Ugh, there is nothing more lame than the "straight edgers"


I fail to see how it's anything cool or revolutionary to not use drugs. That's just called being average in my book.

<object height="385" width="480">


<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1w5aML-dbno?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>
 

·
Moderatus Puisne
Joined
·
15,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just don't get infatuated with one.

Jim311 said:
Ugh, there is nothing more lame than the "straight edgers"


I fail to see how it's anything cool or revolutionary to not use drugs. That's just called being average in my book.
 

·
Genitive Declensioner
Joined
·
12,146 Posts
Creakyknees said:
the redhead. every time.
creaky likes to live dangerously...
 

·
Sticky Valentine
Joined
·
28,404 Posts


joe
 

·
Just Plain Bitter
Joined
·
8,602 Posts
Jim311 said:
Ugh, there is nothing more lame than the "straight edgers"


I fail to see how it's anything cool or revolutionary to not use drugs. That's just called being average in my book.
Got to say that this is a lame statement. Straight Edge for those that follow it is so much more than just not doing drugs. I have four teenage children that adhere to these principals. I myself am sober 17 years. With the pressure put on these teens to be cool and do drugs and have sex and become parents at 14 these days it gives them an out if they choose. So if it is cool to be straight edge then I am all for my kids being cool!
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,864 Posts
Flippin' puritans. :prrr:
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
rogger said:
Flippin' puritans. :prrr:
<img src=https://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/coke-mcs.jpg>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,572 Posts
rward325 said:
Got to say that this is a lame statement. Straight Edge for those that follow it is so much more than just not doing drugs. I have four teenage children that adhere to these principals. I myself am sober 17 years. With the pressure put on these teens to be cool and do drugs and have sex and become parents at 14 these days it gives them an out if they choose. So if it is cool to be straight edge then I am all for my kids being cool!

^^^I'm with this cat
 

·
Good news everyone!
Joined
·
5,452 Posts
rward325 said:
Got to say that this is a lame statement. Straight Edge for those that follow it is so much more than just not doing drugs. I have four teenage children that adhere to these principals. I myself am sober 17 years. With the pressure put on these teens to be cool and do drugs and have sex and become parents at 14 these days it gives them an out if they choose. So if it is cool to be straight edge then I am all for my kids being cool!

Straight edge is hardly about remaining sober. I have no problem with kids not doing drugs or staying away from drinking or sex. That's their choice to make. But to call it some unheard of lifestyle is absurd, and furthermore to do it because it's "cool" is not the right reason to remain sober. It's also more political than just avoiding drugs, sex, etc.
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,864 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
<img src=https://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/coke-mcs.jpg>
Meh. Gotta get them excited about creating their own. :D

 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top