Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since we're in the storm track for Hurricane Harvey, the local forecast for this wkend is 8-10 inches of rain.

on my ride this morning, saw three people hand-watering their landscaping...

uhhhh, why...? can't think of a single rational explanation...

·
9,790 Posts
since we're in the storm track for Hurricane Harvey, the local forecast for this wkend is 8-10 inches of rain.

on my ride this morning, saw three people hand-watering their landscaping...

uhhhh, why...? can't think of a single rational explanation...
Because humans are stupid?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eretz

·
Proud luddite
7,228 Posts
They're simply being good Americans, being excessive and wasteful....anything less would be un-American! That's why we're ranked #1 in the world in terms of awesomeness. :p

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,955 Posts
Only slightly worse than the people out watering their lawn at 2PM in the afternoon on a sunny weekend...

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
We have some kind of flowers in a hanging basket. I got in trouble today for not watering them before my wife got home from running Hurricane Prep errands.

We are now at 0.4 inches of rain, and only getting started.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,420 Posts
In the same vein, I saw a pic posted the other day of some woman viewing the eclipse from her driveway.......while standing on a step ladder???? I guess she felt she needed to be 3 feet closer....

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
People are strange when you're a stranger. Faces look ugly when you're alone. Women seem wicked when you're unwanted. Streets are uneven when you're down. When you're strange faces come out of the rain. When you're strange no one remembers your name. When you're strange, when you're strange.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
People are strange when you're a stranger. Faces look ugly when you're alone. Women seem wicked when you're unwanted. Streets are uneven when you're down. When you're strange faces come out of the rain. When you're strange no one remembers your name. When you're strange, when you're strange.
"When the still sea conspires an armor
And her sullen and aborted
Currents breed tiny monsters
True sailing is dead!
Awkward instant
And the first animal is jettisoned
Legs furiously pumping
Their stiff green gallop
And heads bob up
Poise
Delicate
Pause
Consent
In mute nostril agony
Carefully refined
And sealed over"

Got this on memorized too! How bout you Grumps?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
In the same vein, I saw a pic posted the other day of some woman viewing the eclipse from her driveway.......while standing on a step ladder???? I guess she felt she needed to be 3 feet closer....
i am not allowed to rep anyone who deserves it anymore, sorry

·
すし + Sweet Potato Kugel
5,846 Posts
Back on Tropics

·
すし + Sweet Potato Kugel
5,846 Posts
Back on tropics.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Memory is shot to sh!t.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
They were just trying to empty the hose so they could use it later to empty out the house...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts