Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a perfect day in Fort Worth today, about 60 degrees and sunny. It was a little windy – 17-18 mpg, but that’s normal. Got out for a 60-miler. That’s actually the longest I’ve ridden since I started back riding a couple of years ago, after several years off. This was also only the second ride I’ve done with a camera. It’s interesting doing that. I find that I tend to ride more slowly, seeking out memories of the ride, rather than just trying to push my time. I enjoyed it, so I thought I’d share some of the pix.

For those who know the area, I started at my house in Bedford, up near D/FW Airport, headed down into the east side near Gateway Park, on downtown, then down to the Colonial, TCU and Foster Park areas. Did the Ranch View Road hill a couple of times, then turned around and came headed home.

My regular route down Trinity Blvd takes me past Bell Helicopter’s test facility and flight school. Especially on windy days, they’ll have several copters out there in constant activity. Harrison Ford is down here a time or two a year keeping his piloting skills fresh.

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I love Old Glory....

but that’s an 8-10’ flag, and I hate when it’s snapping in the breeze that way and I’m heading the other direction for 30 miles!

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Downtown

A nice view of downtown from a bridge on 1st street right off Riverside. Then an up-close look at the City Center, the two tallest towers in Fort Worth. Usually known as the Bass Towers, because they’re owned by the billionaire Bass brothers.

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Colonial

Hard to read the sign, but it’s Colonial Country Club, home of the Colonial golf tournament. I’m not much of a golf fan, but I did go out when Tiger played his first or second year as a pro. He spectacularly imploded on the tight fairways the last two days, and has never been back.

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tcu

The horned frog, mascot of my alma mater (TCU, 1989). It was a pretty poor education, but made up for it by being very expensive.

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Time to head back

Almost time to head back, but first a mental debate with myself. Should I swing by Ranch View Rd down by Foster Park? We don’t have any long, steep hills here. We’ve got some long, slow ones, and some short but steep ones. RVR is the steepest of the latter that I know of.. It makes me hurt. My legs were feeling a little dead as I got past TCU, and I decided to skip the hill, but that little voice in my head made me head on down and climb it. Twice. Some days I hate that little voice in my head.

Headed on back after this. The wind had died down quite a bit (of course), but I still got some boost on the way back.

All in all, a great ride and a great day. I really enjoyed the more relaxed riding style with the camera. Probably not for every day, but a lot of fun today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.