Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some guys guys.
I want to get a few pair of bibs.. The Performance ultra or elite bibs are my likely candidates. Right now they're the same price too.

Anyhow. I'm not sure if I should get medium or large.

I wear a size medium Canari short. I also have a large pair that doesn't fit much differently.

I've lost most weight and I'm sure by summer I'll be even smaller.

So.. I'm 6'1" and I wear size 34 jeans... so I think I'm in the middle of the sizes give or take a little.

How bout you guys? Hook me up with some intel. Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
IME the size chart they have is pretty accurate. Their high line shorts fit tighter than the less expensive ones. I have both the Ultra and the Elites. They're excellent shorts, especially when you consider the price.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm mostly concerned with the waist to shoulder size. I'm sure either way the medium or large would fit. I just don't want to feel like I'm stretching the shoulder straps too much.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm 5'10", waist is 32/33. I got medium. I think you could go with a large & it would still fit pretty good. Medium MAY be slightly tight.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
I am 6' and 180 and wear Large Ultras.
Stretch out a little with time, so i would recommend Medium for you.

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
Sorry, but I say order both and return what doesn't fit. I don't normally condone such but with both Performance and Nashbar house stuff I have found so much variance in their products that they've earned this abuse. My most recent shorts were a full 8" off (when fully stretched) of what they said in their charts. Perhaps their charts were off on the site but that doesn't really matter since it wasted everyone's time.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Performance bibshorts tend to run small, You should order large if in doubt. Especially the Ultra's...The problem is in the legs...

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I just ordered 2 pair of the elites in large.. See how they fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts