Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have any problems with Performance Bike charging incorrect amounts to your account?

I put in a ~$400 order on March 30th and was charged the proper amount, then a day later I was refunded the original amount I was charged and re-charged about $15 more!

I ordered some wheels and a fork and paid $31 in shipping but I figured maybe they were charging me more for shipping, however, I have not yet received any notice from them. On top of it all, I have not yet received my package a week after my shipping confirmation, and the the shipping tracking numbers in the e-mail don't work.

I e-mailed Performance customer service today but I have not received a response.

I'm just trying to get some answers. I might be done with these guys. :confused:

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
Dispute the charge with your CC company pronto.

Buy from anyone but Performance in the future- there is a Performance complain thread every week now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For whats it worth, I ordered a couple pairs of shorts with the second pair half off sale, used a 10% off coupon and took advantage of the double points two weeks ago and everything was taken care of properly. Not trying to make your situation less bad, merely trying to show that they can do it right too.

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
L-Dogg said:
For whats it worth, I ordered a couple pairs of shorts with the second pair half off sale, used a 10% off coupon and took advantage of the double points two weeks ago and everything was taken care of properly. Not trying to make your situation less bad, merely trying to show that they can do it right too.

I'd think it's the shipping charge for the oversized items... I'm sure if you read the fine print it'll say something to the effect of if you have oversized item in your cart the OS shipping charge being added... if you paid $31 shipping charge already it seems rather high adding another $15 though...You should call them.

They mostly do it right from my experience with them over the last few years... with the amount of biz they do I'd think their goof % is very small. I'm mostly happy with their service but sometimes I'm not... for example when they had their double point weekend a few weeks ago in my head I was figuring on getting 30% off the items I was buying (dbl points:20% + 10% cpn code) but since I was using $140 worth of team points I had I didn't get any discount or point for that amount... I wasn't happy about it since I figured with the discount the items I bought were good deals but since I didn't get the discount on the half the amount of my purchase the deal ends up being not as good as I initially expected.... but Performance not giving out discounts/ team points on the prior team points used to make the purchase makes sense, if not, their policy clearly says so...

Also right after I put the order thru I found out from another site that the Northwave shoes run big (like 2 sizes larger than Sidi)... since it was sat I emailed them but by monday I got an email from their cust cervice that the order has already shipped... I'm not happy that they couldn't stop the order and they don't have the size charts right on their site but as for them not being able to stop the shipment is understandable...scenario could've been that as soon as their shipping dept started either early monday morning or sunday night they shipped my order out and the prompt delivery two days later supports this. I'll have to return the shoes but in this case they are supposed to refund the return shipping cost and send me the correct size shoes, i.e., as long as they have em in stock... again I don't have problem with them regarding returns and refunds...

All I can say is in the end I'm satisfied with their service and the savings I'm getting... I just need to read their policy a bit more carefully as they have explanations for all my dissatisfactions...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Performance charged me $56 shipping on the last set of wheels they sent me. I called to complain about it, and they said it was because the item is oversized. Never mind that I had shipped a set of wheels from NJ to CA for $22 about a week before that.

I only buy from Performance now when I need specific things that they carry very cheaply, and I always check shipping costs before buying. Sounds like you got ripped off, though...I'd call them and work it out. I have to say, as many times as they've screwed up my orders, they always make it right when I call them.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Are you a "Team Performance" member? There is a bug in their system that forces on-line buyers to pay a 2nd day air surcharge on oversized items. There is no option for the much cheaper ground shipping. If you want ground shipping on oversized items, you need to phone in your order.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I had a slight overcharge, $5.00, which I had expected and put an explanation in the online ordering note box when I placed my order. It didn't work and I got charged $5 extra. I called them and as a Team Performance member, they gave me the $5 as a credit to my account which is as good as cash on my next order. They said this was the easiest wasy to solve the problem. There was absolutely no problem with Customer Service regarding this matter. Previously I had ordered something and two days later it was $10 less, I called Customer Service, and they gave me the $10 credit to my Team Performance account for the next time I place my order. Now Team Performance is easier than ever, your credits are on their computer system and work online, on phone, or in store. Last year it took them 5 months to replace and send me a cyclometer that was under warranty. I had written a letter to the President and never received a response which was disappointing. Because of their pricing and Team Performance, I'll order from them again. I bought my bike from one of their stores and took it back last week for their free lifetime adjustments and I had no problem and it shifts better than ever. I like Performance and find their Customer Service dept to be responsive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.