Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wearing the Performance Elite bib shorts now and would like to try the ultras. My medium Elites are pretty snug in the legs. Are the sizing about the same or are a bit different. It seems to me like I read some time ago that they were different.
Thanks for the help!

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
Make that two data points. I have both in the same size. The ultra's are tighter. It seems to me that they may be cut the same but the ultra fabric doesn't stretch as much. Either way they 'fit' smaller.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ULTRA definitly fits smaller for me.

I just bought the ultra 05 model that is really cheap right now. I figured I would buy a large since that is what my elite bibs are. To small I can't even wear them. I agree that the fabric does not stretch.

I did not use the ultra bibs but comparing them to my elite bibs I don't like them. I will not be exchanging them for a larger size I will replace them with another pair of elites (with the White suspenders). I love those for the price.

·
Registered
273 Posts
also agree they run smaller

I've been wearing medium Performance shorts since 1988 (6'-1", 175 lbs, 32" waist), but mostly the century short. When I bought a pair of medium Ultras I had to return them for the large.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the great info! I think I'm fine with the Elites and will not try the Ultras. Actually, the Elites are about the most durable as well as most comfortable shorts I've used. I'll be glad to stick with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.