Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
IMO Performence will suck any "cool frame" factor from the very bones of Mr. Lynskey, but perhaps I have come under the influence of dark forces. He left Lightspeed and returned to the marketplace to make bikes his way that were not subject to "pricepoints" that he felt resulted in builds that were less then the best. So now I guess he wants to eat instead
 

· Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
These are on Sierra Trading Post too and at least one other site. I don't understand what Lynskey is doing. It seemed like they were building a brand at least online, now I am not so sure.

Wonder if Performance will mark them way down.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,252 Posts
ox_rider said:
These are on Sierra Trading Post too and at least one other site. I don't understand what Lynskey is doing. It seemed like they were building a brand at least online, now I am not so sure.

Wonder if Performance will mark them way down.
Didn't he basically do that with Litespeed as well? Basically brought high end titanium to a lower price point.

I'm guessing he's going to try and get his "Regular" frames on the mass market and keep his custom frames in house...I would expect to see some changes sometime soon using overseas production of the lower end "House Blend" frames.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Wookiebiker said:
Didn't he basically do that with Litespeed as well? Basically brought high end titanium to a lower price point.

I'm guessing he's going to try and get his "Regular" frames on the mass market and keep his custom frames in house...I would expect to see some changes sometime soon using overseas production of the lower end "House Blend" frames.
Congrats on the weight loss .. how did you do it ?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,252 Posts
nismosr said:
Congrats on the weight loss .. how did you do it ?
Thanks....:)

The basics to my weight loss:

1) Goal Setting
2) Caloric intake monitoring
3) Caloric expenditure monitoring
4) Lots and Lots of riding :D
5) Group rides with my club and team (they are longer and very intense at times). This also kept me motivated because I had a way to gage my gains on a regular basis compared to others on my team....when I wasn't racing.

Basically I started tracking what I ate each day and how many calories I burned a day and tried to keep it at a fairly significant daily caloric deficit. Then I added in workouts and as I got in better shape, added in longer or more difficult workouts.

As I approached my goal weight I started eating more to balance out the deficit and gain some strength back. Being at a caloric deficit for a long time can be a bit taxing. I averaged around 1000-1500 negative calories a day for 4 months.

I've been holding pretty steady around 190 pounds for the past 1 - 2 months now, though I think I've taken off a bit of fat and replaced it with muscle with the higher intensity workouts and racing I've been doing.....I'm basing this off of becoming more vascular over the past 1 - 2 months.

That's the condensed and basic version.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top