Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet deal, new listing for Speedplay Nanogram Zero pedals, listing at only US $629.99 (not pesos}. Get a pair soon before Performance runs out of stock in our ongoing economic crisis. Happy pedaling @ 130 gr...:eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think they missed the whole price point thing completely. I ride a high end bike, but I would not spend that much on pedals. Speedplay marketing genius, YOUR FIRED!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speedplay

nbrigato said:
I think they missed the whole price point thing completely. I ride a high end bike, but I would not spend that much on pedals. Speedplay marketing genius, YOUR FIRED!
Well said, nbrigato. How can anyone justify gain vs lunatic waste? Who is the intended targeted customer? I do not believe that saving a few grams on your pedals would add any boost to your performance...it is easier to loose a couple of pounds of body weight than forking out someone's hard earned paycheck, eh?

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
I was going to order these, but they are SOLD OUT! LOL!
John

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andrea138 said:
Visit the Weight Weenies forum. Not really my thing, but to each his own, right?
Even if obssessed with the "light weight is better" perception, 600 bucks for a pair of pedals is outrageous, even if anyone could afford it. If I was to spend that kind of money on a pair of road pedals my wife would file for divorce with a steep alimony payment, since I can waste money so easy...

·
Registered
202 Posts
They come with a warning on the underside of the lid "race day use only" being mostly TI they wear really quickly.

The marketing places the pedals on the bikes of pro-tour riders....the protour riders accountants put normal speedplays on those said bikes :)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Group buy...maybe that will get them down to $628.99...then we all can afford multiples. :lol:
Rider weight not to exceed 100#'s. :crazy:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny!

Kuma601 said:
Group buy...maybe that will get them down to $628.99...then we all can afford multiples. :lol:
Rider weight not to exceed 100#'s. :crazy:
Heck, I would upgrade to an ebay carbon frame for <$400 (delivery included) and get a pair of regular Nashbar aluminum clipless pedals, loose a couple of pounds and boom, better performance-power transfer and a better deal for <$450!

·
Registered
296 Posts
ru1-2cycle said:
Well said, nbrigato. How can anyone justify gain vs lunatic waste? Who is the intended targeted customer? I do not believe that saving a few grams on your pedals would add any boost to your performance...it is easier to loose a couple of pounds of body weight than forking out someone's hard earned paycheck, eh?
Gain vs lunatic waste ehe that's a way to put it, saving a few grams on the pedals is near worthless I don't think that is going to give anyone the edge.

·
Registered
61 Posts
600 bucks for a pair of pedals whose weight difference from our current pedals is about half a bag of our pee? :rolleyes:
I agree... might as well concentrate on losing weight by spending more time on the bike.. and with the better performance gain, s****** at those riding these pedals as you pass them!! :idea:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.