Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use Performance tubes? I've used Kendas without problem, but the Performance tubes are 1/2 the price...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Great tubes

They weigh around 90 gms, and always seem to be on sale for 10/$20.00 at the retail stoes. I have used them exclusively for a couple of years....

Scotty2Hotty said:
Does anyone use Performance tubes? I've used Kendas without problem, but the Performance tubes are 1/2 the price...

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
t-moore said:
They weigh around 90 gms, and always seem to be on sale for 10/$20.00 at the retail stoes. I have used them exclusively for a couple of years....
And how many flats?

·
Registered
931 Posts
That's all I've ever used. I'd stay away from the "super light" or "luna light" (whatever they're called) variants. Very thin and flat pretty easily. I train/race on the regular weight tubes. FWIW, since you asked, I haven't flatted since OCT '04.

·
Registered
154 Posts
filly said:
That's all I've ever used. I'd stay away from the "super light" or "luna light" (whatever they're called) variants. Very thin and flat pretty easily. I train/race on the regular weight tubes. FWIW, since you asked, I haven't flatted since OCT '04.

I've used the super-lights for over a year. Until last week I hadn't had a flat since September. Of course I got 3 in a row after breaking the drought.

The Superlights are @ 70g I think. I just ordered the Lunalights for my race wheels. Hope they can hold up.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
t-moore said:
Yep! What he said. I've used them exclusively for the past few years. I rode 5K last year & had 1 flat. I like'em. They're fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts