Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if there is any reason to not buy a wheelset from Performance. Are their wheels built well?

The Easton Circuit Wheels are $369 at Performance and $429 at Repartocorse. Thoughts?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Circuits are not built by Performance

They are built by Easton (Velomax). Good wheels.

I don't even thing Performance "builds" their Forte branded wheels. These are imported from somewhere in Asia. Typically, this discussion is around handbuilt wheels, when someone at performance is actually lacing a 32h Open Pro rim to the hub of your choice. I would avoid these wheels as the quality is not the best. You get what you pay for, and there are plenty of quality builders out there (I like Mike Garcia at Odds and Endos).

In this case, the Easton/Velomax wheels are well made and you should buy them where you get the best deal.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Others have said that Performance custom wheels are not as well-built as CC- or Speedgoat-built wheels. Does this just mean that they are more likely to get out of true? Or are there other problems from mediocre builds? Since I can true a wheel myself, should I consider saving the $$ and going with Performance' OP/Ultegra build?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.