Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few of my pics from my two week honeymoon in Peru. There's no cycling, but seeing how this is essentially a photo forum, I thought you all might enjoy. I''ve omitted pics of me and the wifey smooching. :D

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Even more . . .

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I said "muchos."

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a couple more.

And, of course, a staute for MB1.

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cwg_at_opc said:
most excellent! some day i must go to Machu Picchu.
i like your composition and the color are quite vivid.
were those Llama or Alpaca?
Thanks.

Macchu Picchu (spelling?) was a bit like the Falls of Iguazu in that both are really touristy but so amazing that you don't care. But get there early nonetheless.

They are llamas. They apparently have a herd that lives on the ruins, keeping the grass down. We did see a lot of alpaca herds in the high valleys.

· Registered
783 Posts
Brings back lots and lots of memories my ex-wife was from Quito, Ecuador SA. Spent a lot of time down there and loved every minute never made it across to peru but I'm sure yo now not a real good relationship between the 2 countries. Anyways great picts thanks for bringing back many good times.

Ray Still

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Wow, that place looks like a photographers paradise. Very beautiful stuff.

· Devoid of all flim-flam
7,366 Posts
Very vertical. Very exotic. Very beautiful.

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone.

What does a brother have to do to get a sticky in here?

Edit: gracias.

· It's not TOO Cold!
2,497 Posts
Really nice pix. Looks like you had a great time, and 2 weeks makes it that much better.

What made you decide on Peru?

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sledgehammer03 said:
What made you decide on Peru?
I've always wanted to go--the lady too. I'm fluent in Spanish, so we were able to meet locals and whatnot.

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

· Registered
580 Posts
Awesome pics and congrats on the hitchment...

My fiance and I have a friend who has been teaching in Peru and is writing grants to build a cultural center in a smaller town there (she also married a Peruvian while there)...by cultural center, I mean a school to give a way for the indigenous to continue teaching their traditions, sort of cultural preservation I guess...not a christian mission type thing is what I'm saying...NTTAWWT.

Anywho, so the fiance and I may find ourselves travelling there at some point...but for our honeymoon this September we're staying closer to home due to time/fundage.

How long was the trip from DIA? Did the trip end up being very spendy...if you don't mind the nosiness...?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.