Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instant quick, tasty meal - just add pasta of choice or availability.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I used to eat turkey sandwiches with Pesto Mayo almost everyday for lunch.

Basil Pesto is the Shiznit. Your pasta needs some oven roasted tomato's and grilled chicken to really make it a meal though, and top it with some Parmesan cheese.

Other kinds of pesto however, like cilantro or parsley pesto, are not even close to being the shiznit. They are teh wrong. I used to have to make a salad at work with parsley pesto, and it was kinda lame.

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
At the height of summer if we have a good crop of basil going, I make up a bunch and serve it up with pasta. Heavenly!

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
helllllllz yeah.

one of my favorite dishes to make (and eat) is a creamy pesto with shrimps. make the pesto early in the day, or a day ahead. boil shrimps. Throw in ice water. Begin boiling cavatappi. In a hot skillet add pesto and sundried toms. Add white wine and cream. When pasta is near complete, shell shrimp and toss in sauce. Add some butter drain and add pasta. Toss. Top with roasted pine nuts, parm, and sundried toms.

The Kid loves halping make the pesto. And he really likes black olives in the pasta as well.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
+1 on Pesto indeed.

Love it. Thanks for making me crave some now. It's gonna be my lunch or dinner tomorrow I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.