Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pet peeves from an old curmudgeon;
1) Getting dropped by the fast group mid climb only to see a motorized bike drafting the end of the group (that’s really chickenshit!!!!)

2)Turning on the Garmin only to realize that the battery is dead-failed to charge. It sucks to monitor this process and nothing else I know of works this way.

3) Pulling “your” stuff out of “your” truck only to realize that the dumbass that packed “your” bike forgot “your shoes”.

4) Going out in a head wind only to have it turn against you on the way back.

5) Roads with no shoulders.

6) The door handle pass..

·
I make Eagles fly
620 Posts
The headwinds. Riding in Las Vegas I get the changing wind directions all the time

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
my biggest peeve, drivers who hit me and don't stop to render aid.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
- Club ride heroes: Do no work the entire ride... then show up for the sprint lines
One of my pet peeves is the club ride hero who thinks he's doing everyone a favor by driving the pace line, never gets off the front, never rotates to the back giving others a chance to set the pace.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
One of my pet peeves is the club ride hero who thinks he's doing everyone a favor by driving the pace line, never gets off the front, never rotates to the back giving others a chance to set the pace.
Yep - worse than hidden sprinter

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
About a week ago I had a "tailwind both ways" ride for the first time ever - but it rained about 3 miles from the finish.

My pet peeve is the person whose pedal style is so herky jerky that the bike briefly stops when he/she gets out of the saddle causing me to have to brake in a pace line.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
N2deep that was my wife on the motorized bike. She told me about it and said she hung back because she did not want to embarrass you guys by passing. Of course she has no problem kicking my butt on climbs. :D

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,798 Posts
I always converge on the narrowest and most debris covered part of the road with two vehicles going on the opposite direction.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
About a week ago I had a "tailwind both ways" ride for the first time ever - but it rained about 3 miles from the finish.
Riding the last three miles of the day in the rain is a small price to pay for a days worth of tailwinds.

·
Is it the future yet?
1,978 Posts
Riders who aren't at the front of the group at a stop light, and yell "green" as soon as it turns.
Riders who don't pull, but go flying past on the hills, and then back to the back of the group when it flattens out.
Open riders who "aren't feeling it" that day and drop down a group and push the pace and blow up the group.
Riders who wear shorts instead of bibs. I don't want to see it.
Riders who wear jerseys with yellow on it. (not talking about Pro riders).

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I'm in with all the above complaints, plus having to ride road bike a lot of the time... because the mtn biking around here not so convenient nor suited to riding it every day

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
1) National level riders who show up at a local race, and drive the pace so hard, I get shelled...

2) People.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,443 Posts
I would say 6, 5, 4 in that order.

My reply to 3: Just as you wouldn't let someone else fold your parachute, pack your own stuff.

My reply to 1: Get stronger or ride with a different group.

I won't even bother to reply to 2.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts