Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this thread belongs in the Retro-Classic or the Bike Frames/Fork section so I might post it twice.

I am so proud of my new fork. I aksed Peter Mooney to built me a fork to closely match the old Ritchey forks that were produced on the later Bridgetone RB-1's. I searched around and found a Pacenti crown that matched the older Ritchey and then asked Peter to make it.

I added fender mounts and also a mount at the base of the steer tube so I have a bit of flexibility when mounting fenders. I asked peter to allow enough clearance so I can put on a set of 32cc cross tires for Fall/Winter commuting. The tires in the pictures are 700x 28's.

I'm really happy with the built and ride quality. Thanks Peter.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,287 Posts
How about a picture of the entire fork so we can see the shape?

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Peter makes nice bikes- a buddy of mine had Peter build him one for a self-birthday present.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JP said:
Sweet. Ride nice, I suppose?

Very nice ride. Very stable feeling at higher speeds...handle great on the downhills. The fork seems to stay stuck to the road and not hop around. Seems stiff when I stand and crank harder as well. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Twin crown forks are my favorite.....Very nice
By-plane, twin crown forks are beautiful. I think they are making a bit of a comeback. I see a few custom frame builders using them more.

I'm not sure if there is any advantage over a "solid" crown fork other than they look great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts