Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In short is there any way that I can convert the 135mm Shimano 9 speed hub to take 10 speed Campagnolo sprockets. Although I can't think of any specific companies right now I do know there are folks out there who make sprockets and spacer kits of various sizes so guess in theory this could be done.

I wonder why Phil W doesn't yet make 10 speed Shimano/Campagnolo compatible hubs?

Ta. DannyBoy.

·
Chili hed & old bike fixr
1,197 Posts
According to the Phil folks, they cannot get a bearing that will do the job into the space that they have to work with inside the cog carrier design of Campy. They also said that they are not going to try to achieve that.

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
When I talked to the PW people about this issue they told me that they know of several people who were running dura ace ten speed cassettes on their PW hubs with a campy ten drivetrain. The spacing isn't the same, I can't imagine that it would work that well. Maybe a shimano 9 since that's closer.

I use an American Classic 12-25 conversion cassette on my PW hub wheelset. It shifts almost as good as a campy cassette. The downside is the cassette is not recommended for use with campy chains so I run wipperman nickel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.