Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's a couple of names to look for...

on this side of the river is "Waverly" going up that will bring you into Gladwyne (not much traffic, good roads) that then leads you into Bryn Mawr and Villanova. Or you could take the trail to Oaks and then venture into the Valley Forge area and make your way back towards the city on suburban roads. There are alot of options and many ways to mix those options up, depending on your fitness level you may want to tag along to one of the local race teams group rides (great way to see a lot of good training roads in a hurry). But by far my favorite roads to ride on are in LANCASTER. Having just been forced off the bike for the second time in less than a year by careless drivers (this time for alot longer than last year's broken rib) I'm starting to really question alot more of the roads that I used to think of as relatively safe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Something to consider...

probably the best tool that I ever picked up for planning a new route for a long one day ride was ADC's Metro Philadelphia road atlas. Even if you don't use it as prior planning but simply use it as a review once you get home to see where you've been it's a real asset. Any of the Barnes and Noble or Borders book stores in the area have them and they're pretty cheap considering how useful they are. Enjoy the rides

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.