Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Converted Marathon Runner
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is very familiar with the Philly area, any ideas for more riding options?

The out and back onto the Schukyll River trail is nice without the traffic, but I need some more ideas to explore.

I'm on mapquest looking around, but honestly don't know how bad traffic is, etc.

If it matters, I'm coming from Center City ish, so I'm coming out Kelly/River Drives, hopping onto Ridge, then through Manayunk usually.

Looking for 20-50 milers too from my starting point.....

Thanks a bundle,

·
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks.....

That's just what I was looking for. The trail is kinda boring. I don't mind, i space out when I exercise usually, but still, I'd like to not have to space out.

plus like you said, it does get crowded with the fair weather exercisers floating around these days.

·
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the Manayunk area (I like going up, and the town is cool), but you can't really get a good loop there. I just need some nice open roads with few cars, but that's hard to find around here anymore.......

·
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Climbo,

Gimme some roads to look for out that way. I'm familiar with the main layout, but don't know names off the top of my head.........

Thanks ahead of time...

·
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks greenfan. I went out searching yesterday and figured out that Henry Ave. is a nice road, it's busy, but has very very wide shoulders/bike lanes, so it was okay. That is another option now for loops.

I'll check out Waverly, I saw that sign and wondered where it went.

Lancaster is awesome for riding, you can ride for miles sometimes and not even see a car. my kinda day right there....

thanks again......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.