Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Philly area training couse

540 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nicks2192 
#1 ·
I just pulled the trigger on a new bike and was wondering if there is a practice couse set up anywhere in the philly area. Like to get some saddle time in before the season starts.

Thanks
Matt

#3 ·
I don't think there's anything permanent set up in Philly. There's plenty of places you could ride a cross bike, Valley Green on the west side of the park would be good, Penny Pack has some trails that you could ride a cross bike on as well. I usually just try and find a school or park near the house and set a course up. Depending on where in Philly you are that might be easier said than done, good luck.

#4 ·
d2p said:
sorry i can't help but reading your post i had a vision of someone shouldering their bike while running up the steps of the Phil Art Museum . . .:)

That would be the "Yo Rocky" messenger race. Climb the stairs with you bike get your package race to the destination repeat repeat repeat repeat.......

No matter how nice the bike by about the third time up the stairs you figure that you won't be that far from your bike and leave it at the bottom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.