Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was in phoenix over the weekend, was there for one day for meetings and a presentation I had to give. Would you friggin believe that they went 144 days without rain, I was there for one day and it poured and was cold. I called my wife and she says its 55 and sunny in rochester, I was like NO WAY. Then I come home and we have a massive winter storm starting sunday night. I swear that god hates me....:(

WE WON'T even discuss northwest airlines......it was a trip from HELL. I used to swear that I would never fly them again, I usually fly American, and all of my miles are through American, but I decided to give Northwest another chance....MISTAKE....:mad:

·
Mess O'Potamist
2,224 Posts
Big Bad John said:
Great. I'm doing the Mining Country century on Saturday. Should be fun!!!
How you done it before? Thinking about the metric century. Does GABA do sag stops and such?

·
Life Coach
2,523 Posts
I think wet and cold for the mining century would be great. Last time I did it it was broiling sun and high temps all day. My buddies and I were, at one point, reduced to spitting water on each other for motivation. Constant re-application of sunscreen, still got a little toasted. Lots of people sitting glassy-eyed at the sag stops for long stretches, then eventually bailing out.

Great ride, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts