Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,611 Posts
Why one should wear gloves in a bike race, particularly a crit -- see Exhibit A above. He's going to hurt even holding soap. (I learned my lesson the hard way. Ouch! :cryin:)

· Deliciously Ironic
1,015 Posts
My nipples hurt!!

fornaca68 said:
Why one should wear gloves in a bike race, particularly a crit -- see Exhibit A above. He's going to hurt even holding soap. (I learned my lesson the hard way. Ouch! :cryin:)
Gloves? How about a catchers' chest protector!! And a cup!! :cryin:

· Registered
1,611 Posts
This is such a medieval sport we participate in. Look at Fast Freddy's face -- he knows he's going to probably crash, and how many times in his career has he been in that situation and yet still comes back and takes the risk?

· The view is the reward
417 Posts
Anyone else recall seeing the winner slide across the line like that. There were other crashes and they actually stopped the race for awhile. I have video links to four of them on my home page including the finish as my clip of the day: http://www.steephill.tv/#clip-of-the-day

I don't think it ever rained during the race, it was just slick from oil coming to the surface after an earlier shower.

· waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Read the article associated w/ the OP - the kid said he wasn't wearing gloves, sweaty hands, threw the bike and the line... and the bike kept going. oooops.

But hey, he won.

Let's check back in a few weeks and post pix of him racing, with gloves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.