Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fooling with a new Apple lately. I'm thinking my photos are coming out looking better then they did on a PC.

Time will tell.

Here are some I fooled with in the last week or so.

·
Registered
590 Posts
ahh, welcome mb1.

one thing is that you'll get better color from a mac, especially if you've got a nice display.

they just make everything more fun, i think.

·
Polka Power
1,346 Posts
MB1 said:
I've been fooling with a new Apple lately. I'm thinking my photos are coming out looking better then they did on a PC.

Blashphemy!

Maybe though they do look better on a Mac...cause you can take so much time looking at em while the thing processes! Or get extra sleep so your nice and fresh for the next shoot!

Opps...sorry. I don't wanna start a war in your thread.

But I'm a photographer.....PC user = blacksheep. Doesn't understand this Mac = photo thing. Video yes...photo no. Not that they are bad really. But I like to put my computers together...and a mac is just like a off the shelf bike to me. A nice one...but still not exactly for me. The operating system is pretty nice. That I will say. But I like some of the linux stuff better...but then Adobe is anti Linux. It's a tough world that way.

You photos always look good. Its about the photographer...not the computer isn't it? Well maybe the monitor too.....don't get me started on LCDs....arh!

80lb monitor and loving it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Blue and orange

I really like the complimentary colors in the first pictures. As an art teacher we hope our students try to use complimentary colors with the art they work on.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
MB1 said:
I've been fooling with a new Apple lately.
Campy, now Apple - soon there will be a Harley in the garage. - TF

·
Mess O'Potamist
2,224 Posts
Nice sunrise! What's with they guys in the 1st shot or is it the same guy and an exposure setting?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some sort of elite military group.

YuriB said:
Nice sunrise! What's with they guys in the 1st shot or is it the same guy and an exposure setting?
Stair repeats at the Lincoln Memorial. They were going up and down for 10 minutes or so, gave me lots of chances to line things up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
regan said:
ahh, welcome mb1.

one thing is that you'll get better color from a mac, especially if you've got a nice display.

they just make everything more fun, i think.

If you know what you are doing, you can get equally good color out of a PC or most any contemporary computer for the most part... :rolleyes:

MB1,
How do you take your B+W pics? Is it a setting on the camera or do you desaturate in PS?
(None in this post... I know. Just a question that I had been meanign to ask.)

ff

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My point 'n shoot has a B&W setting.

firefox said:
If you know what you are doing, you can get equally good color out of a PC or most any contemporary computer for the most part... :rolleyes:

MB1,
How do you take your B+W pics? Is it a setting on the camera or do you desaturate in PS?
(None in this post... I know. Just a question that I had been meanign to ask.)

ff
I never really have figured out Photo Shop, I like to get the image I want in the camera and not spend much time on the computer afterwards.

·
Registered
60 Posts
MB1 said:
I never really have figured out Photo Shop, I like to get the image I want in the camera and not spend much time on the computer afterwards.
I wonder if the camera takes the image in color automatically desaturates the image. Maybe a digital camera expert knows this and can chime in...

If interested, try playing with Levels in PS as it can really help with B+W images from digital cameras.

ff

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
MB1 said:
Hate Harleys-they are too [email protected] noisy for no good reason at all.
Hey Man! Loud pipes save li...aw forget it. You're totally right.

(I hate Harleys for all sorts of reasons--not least is the kind of harebrained ideas that seem to come packaged with them, not least of which is the loud pipe mantra.)

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
MB1 said:
Stair repeats at the Lincoln Memorial. They were going up and down for 10 minutes or so, gave me lots of chances to line things up.
OH! I thought you added those guys in! Thought you had one and repeated him :D Nice pics as usual. (Congrats on the MAC! I am whispering so my PC won't hear me, it doesn't know I lust for another.)

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldn't even know where to start doing something like that.

zeytin said:
OH! I thought you added those guys in! Thought you had one and repeated him :D Nice pics as usual. (Congrats on the MAC! I am whispering so my PC won't hear me, it doesn't know I lust for another.)
When it comes to manipulating photos I am close to clueless (or maybe just old school-yes that is it I'm retro in both cameras and bikes :rolleyes: ).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts