Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to match a glossy-black rear hub with (any) 20h front hub. The Speedcific photos on the O & E website suggest they're a not-very-nice-looking matte finish, but some of the photos I've seen here suggest otherwise. Can any of you Speedcific owners ply me with some close-up front hub photos, showing both the body and the flange? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks - S.

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
SDizzle said:
I'm trying to match a glossy-black rear hub with (any) 20h front hub. The Speedcific photos on the O & E website suggest they're a not-very-nice-looking matte finish, but some of the photos I've seen here suggest otherwise. Can any of you Speedcific owners ply me with some close-up front hub photos, showing both the body and the flange? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks - S.
Just a little help, the American Classic hub is glossy.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ergott said:
Just a little help, the American Classic hub is glossy.

-Eric
Thanks, but I won't ever ride anything made by American Classic again. Trashed bearings in the FH in two months, a broken axle on the rear in one. No responses from AC to my emails, let alone any help...

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
SDizzle said:
Thanks, but I won't ever ride anything made by American Classic again. Trashed bearings in the FH in two months, a broken axle on the rear in one. No responses from AC to my emails, let alone any help...
White Ind H1

-Eric

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
SDizzle said:
here's mine. I forgot I hadn't cleaned it, but you can see that it's kind of a matte black. their silver finish does look better, but that doesn't help you here. this is a $49 front hub - don't expect Gucci looks. what rear hub are you trying to pair?

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
photo?

ergott said:
White Ind H1

-Eric
i've seen the photo that someone took at interbike. does anybody have one of these? could you post a picture of it/them? the interbike pictures look waaaay glossy. i wonder what they look like in the "real world"

cheers
ampastoral

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
weiwentg said:
here's mine. I forgot I hadn't cleaned it, but you can see that it's kind of a matte black. their silver finish does look better, but that doesn't help you here. this is a $49 front hub - don't expect Gucci looks. what rear hub are you trying to pair?
It's a four- or five-year-old Ritchey WCS. I think it will actually match just fine. ...And like you said, it's a $50 hub, and it's going on a $180 wheelset! I can't worry too much - especially not considering I can actually get it in the drilling I want. Thanks - S.

·
Registered
838 Posts
ampastoral said:
i've seen the photo that someone took at interbike. does anybody have one of these? could you post a picture of it/them? the interbike pictures look waaaay glossy. i wonder what they look like in the "real world"

cheers
ampastoral
The photos where mine. The White Industries H1 hubs are mirror polished, you can actually see yourself in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts