Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, i've got to decide what paint job i want on my bike... looking for some nice photos...

thinking a nice maroon/red fade to black on the bottom... any ideas would be great.

thanks.

thinking something like this....except fade to black...

·
Special guest
Ultegra R8000
577 Posts
Stepan said:
Still love my Landshark!
Sweet paint job!
I almost bought a Landshark I saw on Ebay. I saw the bike in person and just fell in love with the paint. Definitely works of art. Too bad you have to purchase a Landshark to get one of those great paint jobs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I saw a landshark with the ugliest paint job in the world. Flat black with red and gold dripped all over it in big gloppy drips. Looked like a triathlete busted a gut and then barfed on it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Spectrum Powder Works

Spectrum (www.spectrumpowderworks.com) is pretty good - I've had two frames painted by them. Even if you don't go with them, check out their site to get some good ideas. Steelman also sends them some of their custom work so you can check out Steelman as well to see even more cool stuff.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
there is a paint color called chameleon. There are different versions of it. While I have never seen a bike painted in it I have seen a car. The car looked all different colors depending on the angle you looked at it from. The changes were not subtle either. I stopped at a paint store to see how much it was.....they had a small can (perhaps 8 oz)that was well over $1000....I want to say Harlequin Chameleon by PPG were the really nice and costly versions...lots of colors to choose from...if you got money burning a hole in your pocket this is the paint for you...

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
My favorites go along these lines: - TF

·
What the Hell is going on
5,048 Posts
Joe Bell Rules

I saw a Joe Bell paint job at Bill Hollands shop that was the coolest/sickest paint job I've seen. It was gloss black with flat black painted flames (50's hot rod style). It was subtle and sublime. It had a wonderful negative capability!

·
Tourist
989 Posts
Easy - This Trek 5900 with iridescent paint - color changes depending on the lighting conditions. Sold it last Fall, had no problem selling it !

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
Other options

Look up the Gunnar website and then check out Moon cycles for some pretty nice paint jobs. The Land Sharks are pretty wild.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Why do a paint job?

bikerboy337 said:
Ok, i've got to decide what paint job i want on my bike... looking for some nice photos...

thinking a nice maroon/red fade to black on the bottom... any ideas would be great.

thanks.

thinking something like this....except fade to black...

Is it for sentamental reasons? Is it work it?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Getting a Custom Ted Wojcik Steel...

...road frame, so i need to come up with a paint scheme for the bike... thinking more along the lines of a simple fade, the flames and all that are nice, but think on a nice steel steed i'd just look like a poseur out riding it.... like the chameleon idea... still really think a red to black (top to bottom) fade with mostly black components would looks pretty sweet for a steel bike...

·
What the Hell is going on
5,048 Posts
Green Schwinn

I just got this from Schwinn's 2006 catalog. I think I'm gonna paint my Fastback Comp like this!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I got my 01 IF Crown Jewel painted by a guy out of the S.F. Bay area. I think it cost me about 300.00 for the complete job. It is a candy green painted over a silver base to black fade. You should check out IFRider.com for a great selection of paint jobs. IF does it like know one else!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Love the IF

Think thats exactly what I'm looking to do at this point... thinking maroon/red to black... but i'm not quite sure... have two weeks to figure it out, but i love the look of that fade, especially with lots of black on a bike (wheels, cranks, etc)... i'll check out ifrider... thanks...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts