Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........So, in an effort to save money, I tend to buy bike clothes online as opposed to trying them on and buying from my LBS......I can't afford $150 for these bibs.....Anyway, my previous PI bibs were medium so why wouldn't a medium work with their higher end stuff right ?.......I suppose my question IS will these bibs eventually stretch a bit as to get RID of the damn camel toe that I now have while wearing them or should I have just bought a size large ?....BTW, I'm 6'1", around 165 with a 32-33 inch waist......The bibs feel great by the way.......Just looking at the design compared to my other bibs they do have a seam in the middle which might add to the problem ?.......So what sayeth the Lounge ? ...... I suppose I could just go try on a pair at my LBS, but I feel bad putting my funk of a pair of bibs that I have no intent of buying from them.........:mad2:

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Phaedrus75 said:
........So, in an effort to save money, I tend to buy bike clothes online as opposed to trying them on and buying from my LBS......
From their recent ads, I think you can get the effect of expensive PI bibs much less expensively with a little of this...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
For what it's worth, I'm 6'1", 180 lbs with 34" waist. I wear the Large. I've got several pair of various ages. The only thing that shows any signs of wear is the logo on the legs start to peel off a bit. I don't think they've stretched out at all.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
I am your height, and I could not stand in a medium PI without singing soprano. Size charts are useless when it comes to bibs. By waist, I should be a medium. I am suffering with a pair of Sugoi right now that I purchased online--- same size as my other Sugoi. These are too short in the braces as well--- as larges.

My point: I have suffered through so many ill-fitting bibs over the years that I either stick to the same brand AND model, or I buy locally.

How much do you really save if you have to ship them back---?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My PI Pro Micorsensor Bib Work Fine

I saw a pair of PI Pro Micorsensor bibs on eBay and I jumped on them. I have owned 2 pairs of PI bibs of various models and the sizing is pretty consistent. The Pro's have a little longer leg that my last pair, which I like. It makes for more overlap with knee/leg warmers and less change of a gap appearing.

As far as the seam down the middle thing, that is a non issue. I cannot even feel it. If you look closely, you'll see that the material on either side of the middle seam is higher, which means the middle seem is recessed.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
I'm trying ...

to figure out what size PI bibs to get, too. If I get a small to match my waist, I can't stand up, if I get a large to match my height, they don't stay put.

Medium Castellis seem to work okay, but I know Pearl's fit is, um, American.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Some bibs have the straps that feel too tight until you get on the bike and assume the position. Others feel great when you are standing beside the bike but get too loose when on the bike.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, lesson learned I suppose.......From now on try on and/or buy first pair from LBS, and then if I really like them then take the ebay route for more.......For what I paid I suppose I can afford to get a large on ebay, compare the two, and then sell the other pair......So Argentius, I MAY have a pair of mediums for sale in the next few weeks if that's the size you need and are interested......We shall see

1 - 8 of 8 Posts