Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these? Are the seams really flimsy like the Quest non-bib shorts' seams, or are they flat stitched like the more expensive PI bibs?

I'd like to buy some online, but if the seams stink like the seams on my Quest non-bib shorts, I'll stay away...

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Ultrasensor.....or better.......

Scotty2Hotty said:
Does anyone have these? Are the seams really flimsy like the Quest non-bib shorts' seams, or are they flat stitched like the more expensive PI bibs?

I'd like to buy some online, but if the seams stink like the seams on my Quest non-bib shorts, I'll stay away...
S2H,
Just about verything I wear is PI.......good stuff......but I don't have the Quest shorts......so I don't know what kind of stiches they have....... to get flat stitching, you need to buy Ultrasensor or better........they are nice shorts, chamois is better too than the quest.......I have some Attack shorts, 2yrs old, they have held up really well, but the "cushion" in the chamois padding is shot from time in the saddle....that could be 'cause I have no meat on my a$$ and my sit bones point load the foam?,,..otherwise they are like new, and I even bash thru the woods with them sometimes on my mtb.......
the ultrasensors fit and feel way better than the attack shorts......but the chamois is the same...prt chamois i think they call it.......they ventelate better too, so they are great in summer, and a touch breezy in cold weather.......

look here

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
bonkmiester said:
S2H,
Just about verything I wear is PI.......good stuff......but I don't have the Quest shorts......so I don't know what kind of stiches they have....... to get flat stitching, you need to buy Ultrasensor or better........they are nice shorts, chamois is better too than the quest.......I have some Attack shorts, 2yrs old, they have held up really well, but the "cushion" in the chamois padding is shot from time in the saddle....that could be 'cause I have no meat on my a$$ and my sit bones point load the foam?,,..otherwise they are like new, and I even bash thru the woods with them sometimes on my mtb.......
the ultrasensors fit and feel way better than the attack shorts......but the chamois is the same...prt chamois i think they call it.......they ventelate better too, so they are great in summer, and a touch breezy in cold weather.......

look here
I know the Ulta and Microsensors are nicer, but I'm brizoke...

FWIW, the '06 Quest bibs have what PI now calls a "3D Tour" chamois and "low profile flatlocked seams." I assume that means the seams are flat. My '05 Quests are, however, not flat. BTW, the Quests before this year had the blue PRT chamois.

The names for the new chamoiseses for '06 are, from least to most expensive...

3D Tour (Quest)
3D Race (Attack)
3D Elite (Ultrasensor)
3D Pro (Microsensor/Aerosensor)

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I know the Ulta and Microsensors are nicer, but I'm brizoke...

FWIW, the '06 Quest bibs have what PI now calls a "3D Tour" chamois and "low profile flatlocked seams." I assume that means the seams are flat. My '05 Quests are, however, not flat. BTW, the Quests before this year had the blue PRT chamois.

The names for the new chamoiseses for '06 are, from least to most expensive...

3D Tour (Quest)
3D Elite (Ultrasensor)
3D Race (Attack)
3D Pro (Microsensor/Aerosensor)
do you know what the 3D stands for? 3-dimensional seems like too far of a stretch... i mean, okay my PRT chamois on my quests was 2 dimensional after 1500 or so miles, but it was 3 dimensional to start out with and wasn't named 3D so...
(yeah, i'm an idiot. just forget i ever said that, my question is "do you know what 3D stands for", i never said anything else :p )

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
estone2 said:
do you know what the 3D stands for? 3-dimensional seems like too far of a stretch... i mean, okay my PRT chamois on my quests was 2 dimensional after 1500 or so miles, but it was 3 dimensional to start out with and wasn't named 3D so...
(yeah, i'm an idiot. just forget i ever said that, my question is "do you know what 3D stands for", i never said anything else :p )
I'm sure the new bottom-of-the-line chamois isn't any better than the blue PRT... I think I'll just get some Ultra or Microsensors when I have the money. I don't think it really pays to skimp in this area.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:

I hate PI shorts. :( They make my butt look big.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Competitivecyclist.com has some great deals on bibs. Many brands.
I already saw that. Just about every sale item is not in my size. :mad:

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
No, but if I keep eating the way I am, I'll be able to fit into your Castelli pretty soon.
You know what that means: no WC at valentine's or any other occasion. :D

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rogger said:
You know what that means: no WC at valentine's or any other occasion. :D
Yeah, the WC diet isn't doing it for me.

This isn't NC, excuse me, "the lounge," so I don't think anyone's going to understand what we're talking about. NTTAWWT.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Stop by an REI if you have one; they're having a winter blowout or whatever and I picked up ultrasensor bibs for $40 (1/2 the closeout price). Pickings are slim, at least around here.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
srf said:
Stop by an REI if you have one; they're having a winter blowout or whatever and I picked up ultrasensor bibs for $40 (1/2 the closeout price). Pickings are slim, at least around here.
I found out about the sale too late. I did get a pair of Therma Fleece bib tights for $37. I don't know if I'm going to keep them--I might sell 'em on ebay and put the money towards the bib shorts I want.

I was so angry when I found out they had Ultrasensor bibs for $30. :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts