·
Dr. Flats a lot
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided a couple things;
1. clincher
2. power tap
3. Reynolds
There are a lot of options. Well three main options with all the above. The medium, deep and super deep rims. So I guess this is kinda a universal question, of carbon wheels what's the best depth to get? I'm a big guy, so climbing is my weakpoint, gunning the diesel my strong point. I'd like to use these wheels a lot, so durability is a big one. I'm tending towards the SDV66 with the powertap wireless hub. Probably because they look so bomb, sound really, really cool when you get them up to speed. I mean you gotta love that whooo, whooo, whooo of those big carbon wheels. But that's a big wheels to get to move especially climbing. Other folks with deep aero wheels dig em?

·
yup
2,739 Posts
I doubt you would notice much of a climbing disadvantage or advantage with any of the three, but you would might notice the aero advantage on the flats and rollers. Heck they only weigh what like 1600 or so? 200 grams more than the mv32s? Not bad for deep rim carbon clinchers. You should test ride them if you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.