Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· "Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Man, you're about as bad as me when it comes to posting pictures of your bike. (no pic of the whole bike....LOL) :D

Seriously, those are some good lookin pictures. What kind of camera did you get?

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
croswell1 said:
Man, you're about as bad as me when it comes to posting pictures of your bike. (no pic of the whole bike....LOL) :D

Seriously, those are some good lookin pictures. What kind of camera did you get?
Hey thanks. It's a Sony Cybershot, and unfortunately I'm having some issues with connecting it to my computer. Thankfully I invested in the extra coverage plan at the store I purchased it from, so I'm swinging by there later to see if they can diagnose the problem or give me a new one (the camera is 3 days old :confused: )

As for touring miles, I'm just making the transition from long road rides to touring and camping. The distances are pretty average (65 - 70 miles/day), and mostly I'm just shooting for single overnights. Packing 30 lbs. of gear on the bike is...well, actually quite painful. But it's rewarding nonetheless. :D I will say that I've gotten accustomed to riding my (significantly) lighter singlespeed on long rides. After I ride it for long distances, I feel pretty fresh; after I got done with my first tour on the loaded, geared bike...man, I was one whipped puppy (darn, no puppy icon...).

As for a shot of the whole bike, I'll try and shoot some interesting shots a.) when my camera is repaired, and b.) when I can make the shots interesting; I'd like to take some outdoors, as the one qualm I have with the camera I bought is that in low-light conditions indoors, it's hard to get the results I'd like. I think it's time to find the old tripod, or invest in a newer one. Ohhh...more technical equipment details to mull over...damn you interesting technology! :rolleyes:

Thanks for checking out the pictures.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Nice rig!

Mr. Peabody said:
I'm still trying to figure out all of the settings on my camera, but I hope these are well received by the tourers amongst us:

Mr.P:

Nice job with the photos, your rig is lookin' mighty purdy! I particularly like the shot of your Thomy seat post best. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go ahead and chime in with the rest of the crew and ask for a profile shot!

Very nice Bianchi!
Arby.

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Mr. Peabody said:
Hey thanks. It's a Sony Cybershot, and unfortunately I'm having some issues with connecting it to my computer.
Nice shots. Here's another request for a full bike photo.

Instead of messing with connecting the camera to your computer, just pick up a Memory Stick card reader.

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
undies said:
Looks great! You and I have the same computer. The Sigma rocks.

I had considered a Brava as well, but none of my local Bianchi dealers stock them and I really wanted to ride it first.
As for the Sigma, I do like it better than the 4 Cateye computers I've had; they all either died in the rain or had the wiring harnesses fail :mad:

As for the bike itself, it's been great. I've been riding it for around 5 years, and there have been no major problems with it. I did toss the old quill stem it came with and replaced it with a stiffer setup; for an inexpensive bar that Easton EA 30 is great. I don't mind maintenance, but I hate disassembling everything in order to regrease a headset, so when the stock one got gritty, I just upgraded.

The tubus rack was a breeze to set up, I'd highly recommend it just for that reason. Also, it's been bomber so far.

· remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Mr. Peabody said:
No sweat :)

It works a heck of alot better since I changed the gearing from the stock 52-42-30 to 52-39-26.

My knees have been happier with stuff in the panniers.
Very nice looking bike. I love the cassette shot, great angle!

Have you considered a BOB trailer for your trips rather then panniers? I packed for 2 for a week on the BOB no sweat, it still followed me around a banked berm etc no problems. I like the feel of it vs the bike loaded down.
Looking forward to some trip shots.
Thanks,

· A Canadian in Sweden
6,136 Posts
Nice bicycle. And thanks for posting a full photo. I don't ride my touring bicycle much anymore since I bought a faster road bicycle, but I am glad that I still have it. I'm hoping to get a BOB and do some touring later on when my children get a little bigger.
Cheers, Wayne

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.