Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

481 - 500 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've been meaning to upload this but haven't had the time. Here you go - my ride....

In that picture are Ciamillo Negative G's. I've switched them out with Dura Ace brakes. If anyone wants a set of hardly used Negative G's - let me know.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Daniel,

I had a 2010 Orca

The 2010 was a great bike. The new frame is a replacement. Took a spill on a ride and the left seat stay cracked in half. So I upgraded the frame and some parts.

I am totally unworthy when riding the 2012. The bike seems to be telling me "what? is that all you've got." It's more responsive and very stable underneath me. It is a step up from the 2010 (which was a great bike). At the time, I was crushed when the frame was cracked but am happy now the new frame.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Now I remember. Did you end up getting the replacement through your LBS or Orbea? Any difference in weight from your 2010 to the new silver Orca? Its not a gold frameset right?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Daniel, the bike is a lighter by about a half a pound. But I did switch out the components from Ultegra to Dura Ace, but the C35's are heavier than the old Dura Ace scandiums. So I'm not sure how big of a difference the new frame weighed. And yes that is a gold frame. The LBS said that Orbea were going to switch out with a silver frame but I wanted the gold frame so I paid a little more.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Good to know. I was always curious to know how the 2010 carbon layup compared to the new silvers and golds. I'm assuming it falls somewhere in the middle.

Wow I'm glad Orbea was going to help you out with a replacement. I have a 2010 olympic edition that I like a lot. My only gripe is that the white paint is uber thin and comes of really easily. If I ever got another Orca I might just go with a clearcoat like yours.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Batteries not required
1,035 Posts
I've been meaning to upload this but haven't had the time. Here you go - my ride....
Man, as much as I love the old one, the new one is just miles better! Very nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my 2011 Orbea Onix. I dont have the best camera... but obviously ive made a substantial amount of upgrades. I have some pro stealth evo one piece carbon bars on the way, so ill post more once i have that installed. currently its weighing in at 16.1 pounds.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks great. My Onix is a 2009 and is at least a pound heavier than yours. I lightened it up by upgrading the rims and tires and then made it a little heavier by the need to go with a different saddle for comfort. Great bike and I hope you enjoy, I'm really loving mine!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I seem to be the only one who decided to swap out the fork for a full carbon model. i would highly recommend it. it stiffens the front end up immensely. much nicer for climbing

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rob- I was thinking of trying to buy a 2006 Opal as well- there's one on Ebay - (don't get any ideas - not your size anyway and you have one already)- Are they really that good? I was told to buy a Caad10- but I see'm everywhere. Not A good reason not to buy one but..... Ron.

·
Hanging 10 bra
1,125 Posts
Here is a pic of a buddy of mine's Orbea Opal he freshly built. He loved my Opal and decided to build an older model. I think it turned out great, its just so freakin tiny! I think it was a 48cm and cant believe it even fit 700 wheels under it.

481 - 500 of 533 Posts