Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good "real world" pictures of the Neon Red Tarmac S-Works SL3? I have been looking on-line and I have not had much luck. I am generally not a fan of red bikes, but if this color is unique enough, I might just get it. If you don't have a picture, but you have seen one in person, I would also appreciate your opinion of this color. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have a demo Stumpjumper FSR that is black and Neon red. It is seriously bright red. I'll post a pic for you in a bit. I just had knee surgery and need the pain meds to kick back in before I get my phone and upload the photo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't have a pic to upload but it's quite the red. Very fluorescent. Absolutely unique.
Red is a tough colour to do, but if you like fluoro then you'll be good with this one

·
3,494 Posts
I think this color is very polarizing - you either love it or hate it. I'd like to see it in person.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
ukbloke said:
I think this color is very polarizing - you either love it or hate it. I'd like to see it in person.
I agree, especially after seeing the pics posted by freezing_snowman. I'd lean (fairly heavily) towards the matte black.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got my S-Works neon red Tarmac SL 3 two weeks ago. I love the color. The photos above are good but I agree with Dustin, the color in person has more orange and at times, a touch of neon pink. The color seems to change depending on the light. The color is very bright. On my team rides, it seems like everybody is required to say something about the color. It demands attention. My brother has the matte black color - it s a good looking bike. You can't go wrong with either color. There are a few photos of the neon red S-works on the Internet - the photos are inconsistent regarding the bike's true color. You have to see it in person. Again, the color is great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pictures everyone. I was really having a hard time determining which color option was my favorite and I don't think the pictures (was that a drawing) of the Neon Red was doing it justice. These pictures really helped make up my mind. Thanks again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
saw the neon in the shop recently.

STUNNING.

no pix will do it any justice, u just need to see it for yourselves.

one of the most unique color on a bike ever.

it changes hue with lighting conditions.

speesh rocked this one!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. My Neon Red SL3 should arrive in about 3 weeks. Once I get it all built up I will take some more pictures. Love it or hate it...I am just happy to see a bike that is not your standard black or white (no offense to anyone with a black or white bike).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jbandt -
Well done! You are going to love the neon red. The bike looks great with all the stripes/lines on it. I love the way the bike rides. It is very smooth with the skinny seatstays and climbs very well. The huge down tube and oversized tapered head tube make the bike great for speed on the flats and descents. Fantastic bike!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm working on a Neon Red 2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 now...drilling, cutting and modifying the frame to accept a Shimano Dura Ace Di2 harness (cutting, splicing). Talk about nervous! Ever wonder how to void the warranty on a $2900 frameset without even riding it yet? Take a drill bit to it!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Is that your frame or a customers'?

Why not just run it externally?

What is your solution for the cable that goes to the RR derailleur?

Is this an OS BB frame? How are you drilling through the BB shell?

I'd like to see what you do for the cables as they go over the BB spindle (assuming you're using a BB30 crank). I had to cut a water bottle to wedge over the spindle to keep the cables off of it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered a neon red frame set this week as part of our team order. I was leaning towards the matte black but, wanted something different and not like every other bike out there.

·
3,494 Posts
BikeArmsRace said:
I'm working on a Neon Red 2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 now...drilling, cutting and modifying the frame to accept a Shimano Dura Ace Di2 harness (cutting, splicing). Talk about nervous! Ever wonder how to void the warranty on a $2900 frameset without even riding it yet? Take a drill bit to it!
Wow, that's very brave! My prediction is that there will be an S-Works SL4 next year with internal cable routing and a clean Di2 install. I bet we'll see prototypes earlier in 2011 on the Pro Tour.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts