Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, just put some new tires (Hutchinson Carbon Comps) and a new saddle (Spec Toupe).

What else?

Cambriabike.com has Truvativ Rouleur Carbon Compact Pro's on sale.

I'd like to upgrade the Ultegra 9 spd on there, but want to wait a few more months until the rain stops.

Deda Newton Bar/Stem setup is what I was thinking next. That's a cheapo Deda stem on there now for sizing and a Ritchey Pro Anatomic bar.

Oh, I'm 6'4", 200 and on my way to 190/185 in the next 1-2 months.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
i had a...........

had a lemond alp d'Huez in a grey/silver body with orange panels. i put on some red mavic MA 3 wheels i had. that gave it a "rat rod" sort of look. i wound up putting red pedals, cages and red/black handlebar tape. everytime i see a silver bike i think of that one. give it some color. red wheels................

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cervelo-er said:
So, just put some new tires (Hutchinson Carbon Comps) and a new saddle (Spec Toupe).

What else?

Cambriabike.com has Truvativ Rouleur Carbon Compact Pro's on sale.

I'd like to upgrade the Ultegra 9 spd on there, but want to wait a few more months until the rain stops.

Deda Newton Bar/Stem setup is what I was thinking next. That's a cheapo Deda stem on there now for sizing and a Ritchey Pro Anatomic bar.

Oh, I'm 6'4", 200 and on my way to 190/185 in the next 1-2 months.

Thoughts?
Nice bike.

I'd suggest replacing the silver chainring bolts and crankbolts for red alloy ones. If you can afford it get wheels with red hubs (Ksyrium ESs or handbuilt)--looks sweet on a silver or grey bike.

Mel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts